lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-15-2010, 10:37 AM   #21
TahoeDawgZ71
revolutiongolfcars.com

Club Car

Default Re: Hooked up new cables, new motor, now I'm getting nothing...

You're controller is shot man. No doubt about it. I've seen it too many times. They'll barely run backwards when in forwards and usually don't do anything at all in the forward position. About the OBC wire... Like Scubabud said, you MUST have a sense wire running through the hole in the OBC or the charger will not operate properly. It'll turn on, run a couple minutes and shut down. It'll never finish charging. If you've got any questions at all about the wiring on this car please feel free to contact me. I know the IQ cars like the back of my hand.
TahoeDawgZ71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 05-15-2010, 10:40 AM   #22
BamaDozier
Getting Wild

Club Car

Thanks Tahoe! I will definitely take you up on that if you don't mind this coming MOnday when my new controller gets here. I can't afford to fry this one! I can handle burning my stock one up cause I had already ordered one, but if I crap my pants on this one I will probably roll this thing off into my lake and act like I never had one. At least it will make a good largemouth bass structure to fish around.
BamaDozier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2010, 04:02 PM   #23
TahoeDawgZ71
revolutiongolfcars.com

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by BamaDozier View Post
Thanks Tahoe! I will definitely take you up on that if you don't mind this coming MOnday when my new controller gets here. I can't afford to fry this one! I can handle burning my stock one up cause I had already ordered one, but if I crap my pants on this one I will probably roll this thing off into my lake and act like I never had one. At least it will make a good largemouth bass structure to fish around.
I would imagine you've got some good bass fishing in Bama... It's pretty good here in Georgia as well. I try to go as much as I can.
TahoeDawgZ71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2010, 10:13 PM   #24
skm2006
Getting Wild

Club Car

BamaDozier -

I feel your pain bro. I bought a PQ and took it to my local cart shop and paid this guy to install it, (and do some other things to my cart.) He ended up knocking out my controller, just like you did. He swore that he did everything right, and it was a huge ordeal, but I finally got him to relplace my controller with a new one, but he refused to hook up my PQ again after that. I took it home and did it myself.

You can smoke the controller if you make a simple mistake. Gotta be careful.
skm2006 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2010, 08:05 AM   #25
BamaDozier
Getting Wild

Club Car

Tahoe, we have some great bass fishing in Bama. I live on a small private lake and my neighbor just pulled a 10 lber out of it 3 weeks ago. The best fishing I think is up in Guntersville, Lay Lake, Coosa River, and such in North Bama. I do believe though that the world record was held by Georgia until last year! I love bass fishing.

Well controller comes in today so everybody at battle positions and be on red alert!
Old 05-17-2010, 02:32 PM   #26
BamaDozier
Getting Wild

Club Car

Okay so the controller came in today and I'm putting it in. But, look at the pic I have attached. Something doesn't add up right. There is no port to attach the 4 wires in the sqare plastic insert as there was in the old controller. Does this mean the controller is not for my cart? I ordered the one for the club car precedent IQ cart 2004 and up as mine is a 2006.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg securedownload.jpg (46.2 KB, 31 views)
Old 05-17-2010, 02:53 PM   #27
skm2006
Getting Wild

Club Car

paging Scubabud........paging Scubabud..............
Old 05-17-2010, 02:55 PM   #28
BamaDozier
Getting Wild

Club Car

I know right! I sent him a pm to check out the new post. Do I absolutely have to replace the stock solenoid right now since I am upgrading the controller? Or can I wait till later? I just don't want to blow this expensive controller.
Old 05-17-2010, 03:07 PM   #29
skm2006
Getting Wild

Club Car

Bama -

My controller and solenoid are literally the last 2 things on my cart that I havent replaced, so I am not as knowledgeable as some of the others around here. From what I understand, since your cart is an IQ, the matching controller will need to have the corresponding plug receptacles. Maybe they sent you the wrong controller? Hopefully not.

As for the solenoid, I've always been under the impression that if you jump up to a 450-500 amp controller, you need to change to an HD solenoid at the same time.
Old 05-17-2010, 03:19 PM   #30
BamaDozier
Getting Wild

Club Car

I went to the alltrax site and they do recommend HD solenoid with the higher amp controllers. I have had one customer service guy from a sponsor site tell me that you did not need to upgrade the solenoid until it went out and then he said he would do it then. Also, the alltrax site says the minimum cable to be run with the 500 amp controller is a 2 gauge! I just put in 4 gauge so I don't know what to think... Is it just recommendations or is it gospel? Not to mention the controller came with ZERO instructions or schematics.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car