lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car
Gas Club Car Gas DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 07-14-2010, 05:03 PM   #1
metalman.314
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Lightbulb 1992 CC Engine Rebuild

Has anyone rebuilt their 1992 Club Car Engine. From what I've found - it looks like it should be a 290 (is this right?) Im getting gas tin the oil so Im expecting that the rings and/or the seals are shot.

What is tbe best place to buy the rebuild kit and do you need a manual to get it accomplished?

thanks in advance for any help

Metalman
metalman.314 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 07-14-2010, 11:07 PM   #2
invalidsession
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Default Re: 1992 CC Engine Rebuild

Check compression and report back before tearing into the motor please. This could be as daft as a faulty float in the carburettor. Any other symptoms ? Loss of power etc ?
invalidsession is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2010, 11:31 PM   #3
jiminpa
Gone Wild

Club Car

Gas in the oil is not likely from bad rings or seals. how is your compression? Yes, look for a carb that is running over when shut down. Does it start poor when it has been shut down for about 15 or 20 min and you try to restart. Does it act like it is flooded? If yes and you still have good compression, save yourself some $, rebuild the carb instead. May be a bad float or dirt under the float needle valve. In that case, gas will continue to drip into the intake and run down the side of the cylinder into the crank case. A carb rebuild is much easier and cheaper then a motor overhaul, besides, you would still need to do the carb later when it started the same thing all over again.
jiminpa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2010, 04:32 PM   #4
metalman.314
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Thumbs up Re: 1992 CC Engine Rebuild

Thanks guys - Ill check compression and get back

Metalman:
Old 07-16-2010, 04:33 PM   #5
metalman.314
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Question Re: 1992 CC Engine Rebuild

What Kind of number should I be getting?
Old 07-16-2010, 05:11 PM   #6
jiminpa
Gone Wild

Club Car

I am just guessing here, I have not checked mine and don't have a book. But, I would think that you should be between 130 & 160, I know, quite a range, that is why you need to get something from someone with a book or personal knowledge. You will also want new oil when you do your test, thin oil can reduce compression. So, I would change the oil, run it 5 minutes, and then check the compression. If you have 140 or better I think you are probably safe. But, wait to be sure till you get someone with a book. Now on the other hand, if you are getting 50 psi after a oil change and a 5 min run, I think you may have a problem some place. (rings or valves)

Let us know...
jiminpa is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car