lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 07-29-2010, 10:38 AM   #1
jhhowell
Not Yet Wild

Default "Strange" accelerator response in reverse

Hi guys, 2001 CC DS, 36 V. In reverse. when I depress the accel. pedal slowly to the floor, the cart appears to have limited power...weak. If I let up and immediately stomp the pedal to the floor, the cart reacts rapidly with a substantial increase in power. New batteries, but acted the same way on the old ones. What is your best guess as to the problem?
Jim
jhhowell is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 07-29-2010, 03:24 PM   #2
OLD MEC
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default Re: "Strange" accelerator response in reverse

The cart in stock condition only uses one half the power in reverse than it does in forward for safety reasons. Have you broken in correctly your "NEW BATTERYS" as they will not be up to full power until AFTER 20-25 charge cycles? But from what you say it sounds like the V Glide is not making good connections internally? To check remove front battery on drivers side to get better access to V Glide cover for removal and inspection inside for wiper arm spring and brush on wiper arm for burning or damage as well as 8 brass contacts inside main housing.
OLD MEC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2010, 03:33 PM   #3
galloway
Gone Wild

Club Car

I have a 87 cc resistor cart. It behaves sort of the same way. I think it is just the nature of the beast.

About the only cure is to go with a solid state controller setup. But that takes the money.

Cheers

Galloway
galloway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2010, 04:12 PM   #4
OLD MEC
Gone Wild

Club Car

There is a way to bypass the one half speed micro mounted on back of F&R switch of later model controller carts OR on resistor carts eliminate the battery pack center cable and connect 2 lower cable posts together IF I REMEMBER CORRECTLY, BUT BEWARE as I have seen 2 law suits in my area alone because of changing to full speed in reverse and loss of control because of it? We have a local person that is now being suied because of elimination of his stock back up alarm also??
OLD MEC is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car