lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 02-09-2011, 11:37 AM   #1
markm
Getting Wild
Club Car

Default 95 Club Car 48v won't go..."shutters"

I have a 95 club car 48v and all of a sudden it won't go. The other day it did this and I gave it a push and it worked fine for a week or so until after ALOT of use by the kids over the weekend in the snow.

I have tried it in forward and reverse (switch is under legs) and it just shutteres. I hear a click of the solinoid when I push on the gas and then a vibration/shutter. Almost like something isn't engaging....slipping.

I just went out and did a voltage test on my batteries. All are reading 8.3 volts each with a total of 50.8 across all of them.

Any ideas on what it could be? Motor?

Thanks,
Mark
markm is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 02-09-2011, 11:48 AM   #2
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Default Re: 95 Club Car 48v won't go..."shutters"

The most common cause is weak or bad batteries, second cause is loose or bad connection. Check all cable connections at batteries, controller, motor, etc.

Connect the meter to the pack and press the gas peddle if the meter drops drastically it is likely a battery problem.
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2011, 12:04 PM   #3
markm
Getting Wild
Club Car

I know my batteries are getting weak as my runtime has reduced over the last several months. They are a little over 4 years old.

When you mention "connect the meter to the pack" are you talking about positive on battery 1 and negative on battery 6?
Old 02-09-2011, 12:34 PM   #4
markm
Getting Wild
Club Car

ok I just went out and put a lead on positive #1 and a lead on Negative #6......reading was 52.4.....I pressed the gas all the way and it dropped to 52.1 then came back to 52.2.

I checked all the connections at the motor, controller and batteries. My connection at #1 positive is a little loose and this might be my problem. However it is fairly corroded and I can't turn the nut to tighten or loosen. It almost looks like the corrosion has eaten the threaded post down to a smaller diameter.

I will work on this some more later and post up what happens.
Old 02-09-2011, 07:08 PM   #5
GLEEMO
just leave me alone

Club Car

I think scotty nailed it,
Battery Voltages sound GOOD, Might be time for a new set of cables and connectors !
GLEEMO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2011, 08:12 PM   #6
white rice
Gone Wild

Club Car

You have it now man! These guys know.
white rice is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car