lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha
Gas Yamaha Gas Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 06-11-2012, 06:59 PM   #1
Cmadriles
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Unhappy 82 Yamaha G1 needs a push to run?

I've had this GAS 1982 Yamaha G1 for years now, and up until last year have had this problem.... When I push the pedal to go, the starter belt gets going. After about 10 seconds with the gas floored, I hear a pitter patter in the exhaust. After I pull the choke and the carb starts to get a little gas I can hear a few more fires from the exhaust. It's only when I PUSH the golf cart does the cart get some fuel and then BAM, I'm off to the races! Top end I can run all day, but if I slow down to almost a stop, or hit a hill, she dies and i'm back to where I started. (pretty embarrasing in Havasu when im pushing my cart with foot til i find a downhill to get going again ) I've put new carburetor on it, new fuel lines with clamps, checked pump and it works fine, new spark plug, new air filter, new filter and even sealed any air "leaks" on top of the gas tank. I'm out of ideas!!! Any help would be great guys... I really appreciate your time!
Cmadriles is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 06-11-2012, 08:23 PM   #2
Field6565
Gone Wild

Default Re: 82 Yamaha G1 needs a push to run?

Have you checked the condition of the crank seals?
Field6565 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2012, 02:42 PM   #3
Cmadriles
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Field6565 View Post
Have you checked the condition of the crank seals?
No I have not... Could that be the culprit? I've looked all over forums and haven't really found anyone with the same problem.
Cmadriles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2012, 08:56 PM   #4
Field6565
Gone Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cmadriles View Post
No I have not... Could that be the culprit? I've looked all over forums and haven't really found anyone with the same problem.
Bad crank seals are a common problem with these carts. Check for oil leaks or dampness around the back of the clutch or the bottom of the flywheel cover. Have you done a compression test? A good reading for your 1982 cart would be around 95 psi.
Field6565 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
no gas, push, run, won't go
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha