lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha
Gas Yamaha Gas Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 06-22-2012, 05:33 PM   #1
Tractorsaw1
Not Yet Wild
Yamaha

Default G9 6" home lift steering

A few years ago I built a 6" lift that moves the a arms forward 2". Also made 3" risers for the tied rods. Would like to get the steering to turn shorter. Wondering what everyone is doing about the 2" forward? I can make 3" risers for where the tie rods attach to the drag links or s shaped brackets, was thinking about making that riser extend back the 2". I use this cart a lot in the woods & spraying food plots & it is getting old making those huge turns. I searched a lot on here & didn't see any solutions, so sorry if this is covered. I will get a picture tonight. I am running 22" bear claws & wish I would of gone bigger on tire size. The swing arm is lowered and moved back also, what is possible for tire size? Thinking about the 420 predator swap in & tire upgrade. Thanks
Tractorsaw1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 06-22-2012, 07:18 PM   #2
svmoore
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Default Re: G9 6" home lift steering

Welcome to the forum. We also made a "s shaped bracket" for our homemade lift. We ran 23's. After all the work, I regret the time and effort. Much easier to use a bolt on that is proven.
svmoore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2012, 01:39 AM   #3
JcXtreme72
Gone Wild
Yamaha

I made my lift. 9" tall 3" wider and 3" farther forward. I cut my tie rods in 1/2 and slipped a piece of tubing over it and welded it in. I don't regret it at all. Best mod I've done. I run 24" tires and have the same turning radius as stock.
JcXtreme72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2012, 09:14 AM   #4
Tractorsaw1
Not Yet Wild
Yamaha

JC, how did you level out the tie rods 9" & make up for moving forward 3"? Thanks. On my 10" rims there was only room for a 3" riser under the drag link brackets. Stock motor on 24" tires? hows the power?
Old 06-23-2012, 11:02 AM   #5
JcXtreme72
Gone Wild
Yamaha

They aren't level. They are long. They don't bind and I don't have any weird handling either. I put a CPP performance jet and torque spring and it will spin the 24"s in dirt pretty easy. I live on a hill with about 4% - 5% grade. I had our 1999 Chevy 3/4 ton big block suburban on a 22' big tex trailer and it hauled it up the hill so I can back it into my drive way. That cart was never fast and probably never will be. But the tires will break loose on any surface long before the engine stops. My belt is worn the engine is missing an exhaust stud (has for over a year and 1/2 now) The whole cart was painted black before I got it and it's chipping and fading over most the cart the previous owner also decided to re wrap the seat and did a horrible job with the tightness and stuffed a few random square pieces of foam in it. I love it and I'll never get rid of it. She's beautiful to me and the seats are actually insanely comfy. Oh and doing the front lift Pachanga style (fellow forum member) the front hitch is the only way to move trailers around the yard!
Old 06-23-2012, 11:29 AM   #6
pachanga90
I Refuse To Get Stuck!!!

E-Z-GO

"Pachanga-Style"Love it!!When I did the G2 last year(7"-Lift,5"-wider),I made risers for the steering-arms with a tab facing rearward that offset the steering for the amount of suspension-movement forward.I have found that 5" or less lift,you can move everything ahead 2" without any steering-mods.Doing another 5"-G2 tonite.Hope this helps.
pachanga90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2012, 01:58 PM   #7
Tractorsaw1
Not Yet Wild
Yamaha

It does help, thanks a lot for the feedback! I added a jet, muffler, & torque spring when i did the lift, it is fast enough for my needs, just wondering about the power with the tires. My engine runs good, but it is not fresh. I pull a grain drill & trailer with mine also. Just want it to turn tighter for spraying food plots & haulin deer out. Thanks again
Old 06-23-2012, 09:53 PM   #8
JcXtreme72
Gone Wild
Yamaha

One correction on mine. It's wider 3" per side so 6" over all.

Pachanga I told you that's what I call it. LoL it's my favorite lift for these carts. Jakes doesn't ride this smooth and cost so little.
Old 06-23-2012, 10:32 PM   #9
pachanga90
I Refuse To Get Stuck!!!

E-Z-GO

Got most of the 5" done tonite,need some parts,get em' Monday.Wonder if they would sell?I can use this one as a pattern and build a jig from it.
pachanga90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2012, 11:50 PM   #10
JcXtreme72
Gone Wild
Yamaha

I've welded up and sold 13 now to friends. I'm getting about $250 each for them they provide the shocks. I usually take their tie rods and cut them in 1/2 and sleeve them in tubing. I'd love to down the road just buy a bunch of tubing the right size and thickness to drill and tap them for the stock ends then sell the kit to a few more friends. I kinda feel like I should be paying you about $20 a cart I do since it's your idea lol. My changes are that the top mounts all wrap down the sides.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha