lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha
Gas Yamaha Gas Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 07-29-2012, 11:26 AM   #1
lifespice69
Not Yet Wild

Default g2 wont accilerate

i have a g2 that loses power when gong up small hills I thought it had a vad float or sucking air (adapter for carb was cracked) i have put a brand new carb, carb adapter and gasket on it and it still does the same thing.... help!!! It also back fires at times, i have tried adjusting the air/fuel screw at diff points and still does not help. I smell gas when cart is sitting in garage also so i think it it flooding out when i floor it. when on flat ground it will run but have to kind of feather the gas pedel till it gets going. plenty of fuel comeing through filter when cranking so pump is working and filter is good.. even tried a diff plug and didnt change.
lifespice69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 07-29-2012, 04:02 PM   #2
pensfan87
Not Yet Wild
Yamaha

Default Re: g2 wont accilerate

make sure the engine tension cable located under the air filter box isnt broken, also is the clutch working properly? pull the dust cover off and make sure there are no broken weights,there is a rev limiter in the ingniter box, if the clutch is broke it will cut the motor out. hope this helps...
pensfan87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2012, 09:45 PM   #3
sho305
Vegas modded 420

Yamaha

It needs the stock airbox all on there and well sealed to run right, or you need to rejet it. Sometimes the top is really difficult to get on there correctly.
sho305 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2012, 04:32 PM   #4
shortthrow50
Not Yet Wild

Sounds like same issue I had when I replaced carb, spacer and air box seal. I think these new carbs run way too rich. My plug was black with soot and fell on its face at wide open throttle. It was suggested I try a hotter plug. I did this and 100 percent cured the problem. Runs great up hill and plug has a nice gold color to it. The plug suggested is a ngk br2es
shortthrow50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2012, 09:12 PM   #5
sho305
Vegas modded 420

Yamaha

You can pull out the silencer and that will lean out the carb, its the part above the generator.

Also make sure the cable is adjusted so the carb does not open before the pedal switch starts the engine, that will cause backfires.
Old 07-31-2012, 10:08 AM   #6
shortthrow50
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by sho305 View Post
You can pull out the silencer and that will lean out the carb, its the part above the generator.
s.
That's exactly what I did until I got a different plug
Old 07-31-2012, 10:19 PM   #7
sho305
Vegas modded 420

Yamaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by shortthrow50 View Post
That's exactly what I did until I got a different plug
You can leave it off if the plug reads better, it seems to not change the sound level much and has nothing to do with filtration that I can see. I ran without it for about 10yrs lol.
Old 08-01-2012, 01:58 PM   #8
JcXtreme72
Gone Wild
Yamaha

What plug did you run for a hotter plug?
JcXtreme72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2012, 07:02 AM   #9
shortthrow50
Not Yet Wild

Ngk br2es
Old 08-03-2012, 09:19 AM   #10
spriddle
Admin

Yamaha

Also consider your muffler may be stopped up. You can pull it and burn it off. Check out our thread on muffler bbq.

spriddle is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha