lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha
Gas Yamaha Gas Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 08-01-2012, 10:19 AM   #1
robbryl
Not Yet Wild

Yamaha

Default G21a governor mods and clutch spring over compressed

I did the mods to the governor on my G21a, works like the dickins, she wants to go as soon as you touch the pedal which worries me, there is no play, is it normal for the clutch spring to always be compressed in, I noticed before that the spring would relax, but now the spring is always compressed, like all the way in.

And by the way, she does every bit of 30mph on level ground, still a little jumpy going up steep inclines though.

Thanks in advance!
robbryl is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 08-01-2012, 11:11 AM   #2
robbryl
Not Yet Wild

Yamaha

Default Re: G21a governor mods and clutch spring over compressed

Here are some pictures of how tight the spring is and one from previous
Attached Images
File Type: jpg WP_000219.jpg (103.8 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg WP_000275.jpg (75.8 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg WP_000278.jpg (74.4 KB, 0 views)
Old 08-01-2012, 04:54 PM   #3
robbryl
Not Yet Wild

Yamaha

Upon further investigation, thanks to BGW, it would appear that I have spun the weights in the primary drive clutch, the belt is riding high on it, causing the belt to sit low on the driven clutch, therefore causing the spring to be compressed, there is absolutely no play in the belt whatsoever, luckily I only drove it about 300 yards before I noticed that something wasn't right.

I am going to take off the clutch cover and check the weights and check for flat spots on the rollers.

My question is: can there be any easy fix for this or am I looking at a clutch replacement?

Thanks again!!!
Old 08-01-2012, 07:46 PM   #4
robbryl
Not Yet Wild

Yamaha

UPDATE
I took off the dust cover on the primary clutch, one weight was out of position, rollers looked fine, but I did mark the one that was out of position with some white out, test drove her and she was phenomenal, uphills, no problem, straight away, she handles like an RC Car, I love it, but in the mean time, I have put together a tool kit to bring with me in case this happens again when I am out in the field, Thanks for listening folks!!!

And yes, I will be keeping the RPM's down until a major upgrade is needed!!!
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha