lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 09-13-2013, 03:41 PM   #21
sowilliams
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Re: Starting Advice

Texasdave,

I'm doing almost the same project, takeing a 94 Medilist and a 95 TXT to try to build one good cart. (see Project Cart). I am trying to decide on same issues on upgrades, mainly the mechanical HD F/R switch as opposed to the reversing contactor. Luckly the 94 cart had a 6.1 hp motor and Alltrax 400 amp controller. I've bought all new wires, bearings, shocks, etc. Anyway maybe we can help each other as we go. Good luck!
sowilliams is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 09-13-2013, 04:29 PM   #22
Thatsme?
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Thanks for all the advice in this thread. I will use it as a guide as soon as I find the problem in the rear axle. One of the outer wheel bearings was out when I got the cart. I replaced bearings and seals and cleaned the brakes but still have a loud whine in rear end. Also cleaned an put new oil in rear axle. Wish I had put some STP or some of the other additives mentioned.
I think I will add Scotty B,s disk brakes when I rebuild rear axle. Just trying to find the time.

http://www.cartsunlimited.net/Hi_Per...ce_Brakes.html
Thatsme? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2013, 11:06 AM   #23
TexasDave
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by sowilliams View Post
Texasdave,

I'm doing almost the same project, takeing a 94 Medilist and a 95 TXT to try to build one good cart. (see Project Cart). I am trying to decide on same issues on upgrades, mainly the mechanical HD F/R switch as opposed to the reversing contactor. Luckly the 94 cart had a 6.1 hp motor and Alltrax 400 amp controller. I've bought all new wires, bearings, shocks, etc. Anyway maybe we can help each other as we go. Good luck!
Well I decided to beat the metal into submission and streighten as best as possible. Seems a little foolish to spend money on floor plans that will never be seen. I wire wheeled and sanded the rust, rattle canned the two floor pans and they look great, ready to install and cover for eternity.

before I reinstall are there any components I should check/replace since I have them off? And what rivets for the floor pans?
TexasDave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2013, 12:48 PM   #24
Sir Nuke
Master of All Things

E-Z-GO

Dave, are you buy chance taking the entire body off? if so, you can get a complete body Rivet set from ez-go or some of the vendors here, its only about $11 t0 $12.....and if nothing else, and you don't need ALL of them, get one and you will have a few for the future that you wouldn't need to buy if you ever needed them.
Sir Nuke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2013, 01:55 PM   #25
TexasDave
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir Nuke View Post
Dave, are you buy chance taking the entire body off? if so, you can get a complete body Rivet set from ez-go or some of the vendors here, its only about $11 t0 $12.....and if nothing else, and you don't need ALL of them, get one and you will have a few for the future that you wouldn't need to buy if you ever needed them.
I was wondering if someone had compiled a COMPLETE rivet set by now. I have seen several threads stating that they are coming, thanks for the heads up.
Old 09-16-2013, 03:31 PM   #26
Sir Nuke
Master of All Things

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasDave View Post
I was wondering if someone had compiled a COMPLETE rivet set by now. I have seen several threads stating that they are coming, thanks for the heads up.
here is the "factory" kit....which as you should know is a bit more expensive.....but you can get them elsewhere.

http://www.shopezgo.com/products/TXT...Rivet-Kit.html
Old 09-16-2013, 03:39 PM   #27
Springlake
I Believe !!

E-Z-GO

I bought that rivet kit from my dealer, Nuke and its crazy! Some black some not, some large some small. Could not make heads or tails of it. So i used a 3/16 drill bit on every hole and the same size rivets all the way around. Easy greasy!
Glad you decided to keep the Medalist. Wife and I love ours.
Send some pictures!!!
Springlake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2013, 04:01 PM   #28
Sir Nuke
Master of All Things

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Springlake View Post
I bought that rivet kit from my dealer, Nuke and its crazy! Some black some not, some large some small. Could not make heads or tails of it. So i used a 3/16 drill bit on every hole and the same size rivets all the way around. Easy greasy!
Glad you decided to keep the Medalist. Wife and I love ours.
Send some pictures!!!
I didn't get mine from the dealer, and its been awhile since I got it, but all of mine were labeled as to where they went.
Old 09-16-2013, 06:12 PM   #29
TexasDave
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

I bought my body from Mikes Motor Toys and he gave me a pack of rivets with the body. I assume that this one is for the body only, not the floor pans?? That is about as far as I have gotten on the build, there could be more that I don't know about.
Old 09-17-2013, 07:05 AM   #30
eflyguy
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Late checking in on this thread but you got a great deal. Ours ran when when we bought it, but the batteries were junk, the wires were bad, and after I got into it, discovered it had been dunked in a lake!! Although it ran, I have ended up replacing everything except the motor. Oh, and we started at $2k. I'm on the 2nd set of batteries - don't skimp there, get the Trojans or similar. I've gone to 42V with the controller package from Scotty, as suggested above. Very happy. I'll go with a torquey-er motor and possibly lift kit when/if the stock motor burns out.
..a
eflyguy is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
lift, medalist, motor size, tires, upgrade
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO