lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car
Gas Club Car Gas DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 11-07-2013, 03:30 PM   #21
Springbok
Photoshop Guy

Club Car

Default Re: Need primary clutch rebuilding help

Quote:
Originally Posted by KillerCC View Post
Answer me this, why does the oem spring have the "tangs" on the ends and the replacement doesnt?
The design of the stock spring and the location of those tangs denote the direction the driven clutch is designed to spin. For 1987.5 to 1996 they're oriented to spin counter-clockwise, and for 1997-up the they're oriented to spin clockwise. The spring is the only difference between the older and the newer driven clutches.

The aftermarket torque spring has no tangs, which allows it to be used on all finned-style driven clutches from 1987.5-up. It's directionally neutral. For example, if you needed a new clutch and knew for sure that you would be running the torque spring, you could order a 1997-up clutch, swap out the stock spring and run it in your '95.
Springbok is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 11-07-2013, 04:00 PM   #22
KillerCC
Call me Rich

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by Springbok View Post
The design of the stock spring and the location of those tangs denote the direction the driven clutch is designed to spin. For 1987.5 to 1996 they're oriented to spin counter-clockwise, and for 1997-up the they're oriented to spin clockwise. The spring is the only difference between the older and the newer driven clutches.

The aftermarket torque spring has no tangs, which allows it to be used on all finned-style driven clutches from 1987.5-up. It's directionally neutral. For example, if you needed a new clutch and knew for sure that you would be running the torque spring, you could order a 1997-up clutch, swap out the stock spring and run it in your '95.
Wish id have known that since it seems the 1997 and up ones are cheaper. Thanks again for the info!
KillerCC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2013, 07:12 PM   #23
Springbok
Photoshop Guy

Club Car

Can you send back the steel-sheaved clutch?
Springbok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2013, 07:18 PM   #24
KillerCC
Call me Rich

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by Springbok View Post
Can you send back the steel-sheaved clutch?
I could but the seller wants to charge me a 25percent restocking fee. I'll just hold onto it.
Old 08-28-2015, 03:27 PM   #25
atistang
Not Yet Wild

I know I'm grave digging here, sorry

I have a 92 Club Car with the same issue, it will only do about 14mph with a 420 predator engine spinning 4700rpm. I noticed the belt only rides half way up the drive clutch. Its the stock club car clutch. Is there anything I should know before attempting to rebuild the clutch? any special procedures for taking it apart and reassembling? Any dangerous steps where something might be under spring pressure and fly apart?

Thanks.
atistang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2015, 08:42 PM   #26
KillerCC
Call me Rich

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by atistang View Post
I know I'm grave digging here, sorry

I have a 92 Club Car with the same issue, it will only do about 14mph with a 420 predator engine spinning 4700rpm. I noticed the belt only rides half way up the drive clutch. Its the stock club car clutch. Is there anything I should know before attempting to rebuild the clutch? any special procedures for taking it apart and reassembling? Any dangerous steps where something might be under spring pressure and fly apart?

Thanks.
Sorry for the very late response, did you ever tear into your clutch? Need advice still?
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car