lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 08-12-2014, 03:20 PM   #41
sowilliams
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Re: EZ Go slow

Having trouble with getting the Alltrax programing to recognize the controller. Anybody got any suggestions? Is the older Alltrax program compatible with Windows 7? I am planning to contact Alltrax directly but thought somebody has probably dealt with this issue. Using a USB to 9 pin cable for the older controller.
sowilliams is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 08-12-2014, 05:17 PM   #42
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by sowilliams View Post
Having trouble with getting the Alltrax programing to recognize the controller. Anybody got any suggestions? Is the older Alltrax program compatible with Windows 7? I am planning to contact Alltrax directly but thought somebody has probably dealt with this issue. Using a USB to 9 pin cable for the older controller.
Could be a couple different reasons.

1. There are two versions of Controller Pro. One for controllers built in 2005 and earlier and one for controllers built after that.

2. Not all USB to Serial adapters work.

I run it with Win-7 on a laptop using a "Cables to Go" USB to Serial adapter.
JohnnieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2014, 06:24 PM   #43
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

The most common error made by first time users is not having the LED light lit on the control BEFORE you open the program.

When you initially open the program it looks for the control. If the control is not powered up (showing any color or code on the LED) the program will throw error code 'can not locate the control' You will get this error if the driver is not properly installed for the USB to Serial cable also.

Alltrax and win7 are totally compatible in 32 and 64bt
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2014, 05:14 PM   #44
sowilliams
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyb View Post
The most common error made by first time users is not having the LED light lit on the control BEFORE you open the program.

When you initially open the program it looks for the control. If the control is not powered up (showing any color or code on the LED) the program will throw error code 'can not locate the control' You will get this error if the driver is not properly installed for the USB to Serial cable also.

Alltrax and win7 are totally compatible in 32 and 64bt
I was getting ready to try this but noticed the green LED doesn't light up until pedal is pushed and solenoid clicks and then goes off when pedal is released. Have I got something wired wrong?
Old 08-14-2014, 04:23 AM   #45
yurtle
Gone Mad
E-Z-GO

If you have a series buggy, that's the way they work. I do it the "stupid" way, and do my programming with the pedal slightly pushed. Careful when playing with the throttle settings, as changing the throttle curve, or pedal up/down can result in some lurching. You can also use a jumper to power up the controller and do it that way.
yurtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2014, 11:32 AM   #46
sowilliams
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Ok, thanks to Scotty and Yutle got the program to recognize the controller. Now, when I run the monitor program, I am getting 17 amps for current output and 1.3 amps for battery output. Does this sound right?

Reminder: this is not the cart in my sig. It is a series Ez Go with 400 amp AXE controller, 4 ga wires, HD solenoid and reversing contactor.
Old 08-14-2014, 06:18 PM   #47
sowilliams
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by sowilliams View Post
Ok, thanks to Scotty and Yutle got the program to recognize the controller. Now, when I run the monitor program, I am getting 17 amps for current output and 1.3 amps for battery output. Does this sound right?

Reminder: this is not the cart in my sig. It is a series Ez Go with 400 amp AXE controller, 4 ga wires, HD solenoid and reversing contactor.
Had to bump this back up in hopes someone can answer my question as to output amperage?
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO