lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 08-27-2016, 09:29 AM   #21
Bruin Bear
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: 1997 club car ds dual solonoids wiring diagram.

Sorry I missed you yesterday, work😞.
For the heck of it I jumped the first solonoid from battery to post with yellow wire, the cart ran forward and reverse. Does this indicate bad solonoid?
Bruin Bear is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 08-28-2016, 07:15 PM   #22
TahoeDawgZ71
revolutiongolfcars.com

Club Car

Possibly. Either the solenoid has failed and is not closing when the controller tells it to, or the controller itself is not actually sending power to the solenoid to make it close. The throttle switch will be either a potbox underneath the driver's side floor or a multi-step potentiometer underneath the seat on the driver's side frame beam. There will be a micro switch inside the throttle device. If the microswitch has failed, you're not sending a solenoid "turn-on" signal back to the controller when you hit the Go pedal. If the micro is good, the signal may not be reaching the controller due to a broken wire or the controller itself may have failed and is unable to trigger the solenoid. You'll have to check for power on the two small posts of the solenoid when you push the pedal and try to go. If you're getting power at the solenoid but it doesn't click, the solenoid is bad. If the solenoid is not getting power, the controller or the micro switch has failed.
TahoeDawgZ71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2019, 07:13 PM   #23
Jfunderburk
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyb View Post
Welcome to BGW
Is one solenoid in the rear?
What are the black dots that the wires meet up to a ground? Top right corneder
Jfunderburk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2019, 07:37 AM   #24
Fairtax4me
Bonafide Nincompoop

Club Car

The black dots on the diagram indicate wire connections or splices. They are not grounds. On an electric cart there is No frame ground.
Fairtax4me is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car