lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 02-27-2019, 08:24 AM   #31
gpmclaughlin
Not Yet Wild

Club Car

Default Re: Powerdrive 3 not charging

Good advice, thanks! I have tried other outlets to no avail but I have noticed that even though there is no hum or reading the bottom of the charger gets warm when plugged in (?). I ordered a new powerdrive fuse assembly and a new receptacle fuse just in case - those are the only two fuses I could find and (shrug) they are a lot cheaper than a new OBC if I don't need one. Should have them by 1 MAR.
gpmclaughlin is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 02-27-2019, 11:34 PM   #32
Down South
Growing In Grace

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by gpmclaughlin View Post
Good advice, thanks! I have tried other outlets to no avail but I have noticed that even though there is no hum or reading the bottom of the charger gets warm when plugged in (?). I ordered a new powerdrive fuse assembly and a new receptacle fuse just in case - those are the only two fuses I could find and (shrug) they are a lot cheaper than a new OBC if I don't need one. Should have them by 1 MAR.
Quote:
Also, I asked a neighbor if I could use his functioning PowerDrive 3 to test my cart and got the same result....click - no charge.
You mentioned that you used your neighbors charger and you got the same results.
Sounds like to me that you have another problem other than the charger.
Out of curiosity, why don't you test your charger on the neighbors cart to confirm?
Down South is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2019, 07:08 PM   #33
gpmclaughlin
Not Yet Wild

Club Car

I'll be damned, Down South! I took my charger over there and it performed the same - badly. We took the charger apart and found the melted fuse in the charger. Without your sage advice I would have wasted $250+ on a new OBC. The ridiculous part of this project was that my charger (powerdrive3) makes a lot of racket when charging (humming) and my neighbors older model hardly makes a sound. Because it was getting late, I didn't look at the ampmeter when I plugged in his charger the first time and when I didn't hear the loud hum and just ASSumed it wasn't working when it actually was - see attached. Live and learn.....Thanks to everybody that responded. I'm glad you're here.

P.S. I hate being stupid!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg charging.jpg (90.1 KB, 0 views)

Last edited by gpmclaughlin; 02-28-2019 at 07:19 PM.. Reason: Thumbnail
gpmclaughlin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2019, 08:01 PM   #34
Down South
Growing In Grace

Club Car

Good deal. I'm glad you got it figured out.
Down South is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
charging issue, clubcar, powerdrive3
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car