lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-20-2018, 09:23 PM   #1
Markymizzle
Not Yet Wild

Default LSV Insurance

Just wondering who everyone is using to insure their LSV golf carts to get plates and what the rates are like?
Markymizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 05-20-2018, 10:15 PM   #2
zookie2002
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Default Re: LSV Insurance

USAA insures my cart. My premium is $125/yr. in Houston, TX and I’m a long time customer.
zookie2002 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2018, 11:43 PM   #3
Mooncarter
Gone Insane

Club Car

Markymizzle this topic has been discussed before.

I will say this much to help prevent expensive future surprises. Depending on your state, or maybe even your locality, make certain your agent knows what you are talking about.
Golf cart insurance is different for what you may need for an LSV that will be used on a public road. Some, perhaps even most insurance agents will quote a price and sell you insurance for something they don't understand. If it goes through your DMV it may be classified the same, or nearly the same as an automobile. You may even get a letter from your DMV stating your driver's license has been revoked for failure to pay insurance.

Hope none of this happens to you. Check your state laws and make sure your agent understands what type insurance you need.
Mooncarter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2018, 05:47 AM   #4
Swan
Cave Dweller

Club Car

I use statefarm and its just about the same cost of a cheap car
Swan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2018, 10:02 AM   #5
KACinPA
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

My cart was added to my Motorcycle policy by Progressive. I called then to ask about insurance for it and they said they do not sell individual policies if you already have a Motorcycle policy with them.

As my main bike is a rather high dollar / relatively high cost to insure unit, adding the cart only added $20 to my policy cost.
KACinPA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2018, 04:37 PM   #6
WalterM6
Gone Wild

Club Car

I use Safeco $100/yr. Somebody earlier mentioned the difference that there is a difference between LSV and Golf Cart insurance. To be sure your insured correctly be sure they issue a State Proof of Insurance. With golf cart insurance you don't get one.
WalterM6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2018, 10:06 AM   #7
hipower
Getting Wild
Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by WalterM6 View Post
I use Safeco $100/yr. Somebody earlier mentioned the difference that there is a difference between LSV and Golf Cart insurance. To be sure your insured correctly be sure they issue a State Proof of Insurance. With golf cart insurance you don't get one.
In PA I get a proof of insurance card with State Farm. Neither of mine are street legal and one is actually in FL year round and the second one will soon be there too.
hipower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2018, 12:52 PM   #8
Extractor
Gone Wild

Club Car

I had the hardest time here in Florida. All the local State Farm agents wouldn't do it. Then Progressive said yes but a week later said no. My agent finally found a policy through Prime Property & Casualty Insurance out of Utah...$900 for the year. Don't ever mention the words, "golf cart" when looking for insurance. It's the kiss of death.
Extractor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2018, 01:56 PM   #9
Swan
Cave Dweller

Club Car

Extractor , if you want you can give my guy a call . I had no problem getting LSV insurance

Jay Littlejohn - State Farm Insurance Agency
Insurance agency in Largo, Florida
Address: 13220 Starkey Rd #700, Largo, FL 33773
Phone: (727) 586-1111
Swan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2019, 03:14 PM   #10
FLBeachBum
Not Yet Wild

Club Car

looking to get FL insurance. Need to find someone who is willing to insure the LSV as a stand alone policy, any ideas?
FLBeachBum is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car