lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 09-27-2018, 09:52 AM   #1
CaptainCaveman
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Default ‘93 DS intermittent accelerator problem

1993 Club Car DS owner, our first cart. Batteries are 1yr old. For the first month, we drove it around the neighborhood with no issues. Suddenly, it will not drive in reverse. Driving forward, it’s intermittent. I have to press the Go pedal several times and it will eventually accelerate. Pressing slow, pressing fast, same result. Batteries meter at 36.6 volts. I have limited electrical skills, I do own a volt meter. I have no previous cart experience.

Could it be as simple as a loose connection at the accelerator, or has a part actually failed? Hoping to obtain some troubleshooting advice here. Thanks in advance.
CaptainCaveman is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 09-27-2018, 11:24 AM   #2
swm63
Gone Wild

Default Re: ‘93 DS intermittent accelerator problem

36.6 volts is close to a dead pack. Get them fully charged and see if your results improve. They should be 38.2 fully charged.
swm63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2018, 11:42 AM   #3
CaptainCaveman
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Thanks. I’ll plug in the charger today and then meter the batteries. Being a newbie, I’m not even sure how long it should take to fully charge.

Just plugged it in. The meter on the charger indicates about 20 amperes.
Old 09-27-2018, 03:41 PM   #4
NoleFan4Ever
MOD of all BS!

Club Car

It should turn off on its own based on your type charger....
NoleFan4Ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2019, 06:58 PM   #5
CaptainCaveman
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Well it’s warming up outside so I am revisiting my cart’s acceleration issue. I’ve read that the MCOR going bad is common. The MCOR seems to be related to the symptoms I’m having. Problem is, this is a ‘93 cart which I believe predates the MCOR? So what is the part that predates the MCOR? Or am I barking up the wrong tree, and is the acceleration issue related to a different part?
Old 03-25-2019, 07:45 PM   #6
benniegust@outlook.com
Not Yet Wild

I have club car and doing same thing push pedal down and hold will soon but jumps is this what yours doing
benniegust@outlook.com is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2019, 08:21 PM   #7
CaptainCaveman
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Yes, sounds like a similar problem.
Old 03-25-2019, 08:26 PM   #8
NoleFan4Ever
MOD of all BS!

Club Car

Take a look here http://www.buggiesgonewild.com/elect...html#post16470 and you will see the relationship between the V-glide, resistors and resistance coils.
Old 03-25-2019, 09:15 PM   #9
CaptainCaveman
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoleFan4Ever View Post
Take a look here http://www.buggiesgonewild.com/elect...html#post16470 and you will see the relationship between the V-glide, resistors and resistance coils.
Thanks. I’m not able to view the diagrams on my iPhone for some reason. Having zero knowledge of this stuff, it’s unlikely that I’ll be able to diagnose the problem when I don’t even know the lingo well enough to understand any advice. In my mind, locating and replacing the part that failed would solve the problem. It just doesn’t seem as basic as that. Now I’m reading in another thread that some $700+ conversion is the way to go. This is a basic no-frills 26 year old golf cart. No thanks.
Old 03-25-2019, 09:32 PM   #10
NoleFan4Ever
MOD of all BS!

Club Car

Those resistor carts are pretty easy to diagnose and troubleshoot. Do not feel intimidated by them. You need to start at the V-glide or the microswitches and see if they are all firing and in sequence. It could be bad pads in your v-glide or a failed microswitch at the coils. Visually inspect and then place your hands on each of them and see if they are activating as the Go Pedal is pressed.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car