lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 11-03-2018, 11:19 PM   #1
jonr3
Gone Wild

Harley Davidson

Default Precedent Enclosure Recommendation

I’m wanting to get an enclosure for my ‘14 Precedent with a stock roof and a rear seat. I did a search of the forums but the last couple of similar questions resulted in no recommendations, so I thought I would give it another shot.

I don’t want to buy a cheap one that’s going to fall apart and I don’t want to spend $500+ on it either- something in the $150 - $300 range would be ideal. Any suggestions anyone? Thanks!
jonr3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 12-01-2018, 11:39 PM   #2
outbackrob
Not Yet Wild

Club Car

Default Re: Precedent Enclosure Recommendation

https://www.golfcartking.com/ was having a sale on enclosures last I checked. GOOD prices in your price range.
outbackrob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2018, 03:52 AM   #3
yawood
Gone Wild

Club Car

As I said in a recent posting about enclosures, http://www.buggiesgonewild.com/elect...enclosure.html

I bought an enclosure for my 2012 Precedent from Classic Accessories https://classicaccessories.com/golf/...art-enclosures.

Mine is a standard cart used for golf so they have an enclosure that fits perfectly. I don't know what they will have for yours.

All I can say is that I'm very happy with the quality and fit of the enclosure I got for mine.
yawood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2018, 07:48 AM   #4
meimk
Gone Wild

Club Car

With the standard short top no enclosure will keep the back seat useable. Most any of them intended to cover clubs on the back will cover a normal back seat, but not any of the footboard or and grab/safety bars on the back. If you get and enclosure intended for a long roof there's enough fabric there to cover all of the rear seat, but lots hanging down over what should be a rear window area. Or on the heads of any rear seat passengers.
meimk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2018, 08:57 AM   #5
Hit it like a champ
Gone Wild

Club Car

I also have the classic industry’s it fits good no problems at all. I made a t bar that goes into the receiver gives it the bus look.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 70D1AB4F-2D90-49AD-B5B1-1B2B791D2262.jpg (81.9 KB, 0 views)
Hit it like a champ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2018, 03:06 PM   #6
jonr3
Gone Wild

Harley Davidson

I decided to try one from Ace Golf Cart Covers. They have one that is designed for my Precedent with a short top and a back seat - the back seat not being covered, which is okay because it will just be a couple of us in the front. They also have an optional windshield lower gap sealer that goes with it. I'll post about it after I get it.
Old 01-04-2019, 11:32 AM   #7
jonr3
Gone Wild

Harley Davidson

So, this is the enclosure that I purchased https://acegolfcartcovers.com/produc...13558507995229

It fits over the standard top and leaves the back seat unprotected - which is fine for me. I also bought the optional Windshield Lower Blocker.

It is very well made and easy to install using the supplied velcro straps and wraps, so I didn't need to drill any holes or do anything permanent to my cart.

It fits really well, and wiith the windshield lower blocker installed there is no wind blowing through it - even at 30 mph. And if I turn on my Mr. Heater propane heater, it gets downright toasty.

The only thing I'm not crazy about is the added noise of the metal zippers bouncing around. I zip-tied the ones together that I don't use (rear window, etc.) and that helped a bunch. I'm thinking about putting some heat-shrink tubing on the others to help cushion the sound. Anyway, it's no big deal and I am extremely happy with this enclosure.
Old 01-04-2019, 11:50 AM   #8
pyledriver
Not Yet Wild
Yamaha

Ace covers are good covers. They are a sub of "doorworks" who makes enclosures. They make good stuff. They are made in america is St. Louis Mo.
I should know since my gf works for them...lol. She got me a ace cover and a doorworks enclosure for my ydre. That cover should last for years, just wash it from time to time and apply uv bock.
pyledriver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2019, 12:22 PM   #9
Hit it like a champ
Gone Wild

Club Car

I really wish i would have seen that one before I bought mine.
Hit it like a champ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2021, 08:03 AM   #10
stevei54
Not Yet Wild

How does the Vinyl one compare to the Sunbrella from a wear/life span point of view?
stevei54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car