lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 12-22-2018, 04:02 PM   #21
NCPW
Just Gone

Club Car

Default Re: Clarafication on full charge

Good choice
NCPW is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 12-22-2018, 08:44 PM   #22
NoleFan4Ever
MOD of all BS!

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by 8-point View Post
Glad you posted that too. I was wondering why my pack of new US Batteries were holding such high voltage days after charging. Charged them Monday and they sit at 51.3 now.
The best money can buy......
NoleFan4Ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2018, 09:18 PM   #23
yawood
Gone Wild

Club Car

I have the PowerDrive charger...
  1. I charge after every use (no matter how small).
  2. Check water religiously.
  3. Check terminal tightness and cleanliness.
  4. Keep things clean.
  5. Equalise by re-charging every so often (I don't need to do it too much because I use the cart often).
  6. Use my Battery Saver float charger if I'm not using the cart for more than a few days.
  7. Keep a record of individual battery voltages and pack voltages so that I can see if any battery is weaker than the others.

I am about to fit a BMV702 battery monitor and I have decided to connect the secondary to the centre of the pack to keep a check on the pack balance. This will enable me to ensure that the batteries never fall below 50% as well as giving me a more accurate check on the SOC and battery performance.

I think that all this will pay for itself in increased battery life and performance.
yawood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2018, 09:33 PM   #24
NoleFan4Ever
MOD of all BS!

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by yawood View Post
I have the PowerDrive charger...
  1. I charge after every use (no matter how small).
  2. Check water religiously.
  3. Check terminal tightness and cleanliness.
  4. Keep things clean.
  5. Equalise by re-charging every so often (I don't need to do it too much because I use the cart often).
  6. Use my Battery Saver float charger if I'm not using the cart for more than a few days.
  7. Keep a record of individual battery voltages and pack voltages so that I can see if any battery is weaker than the others.

I am about to fit a BMV702 battery monitor and I have decided to connect the secondary to the centre of the pack to keep a check on the pack balance. This will enable me to ensure that the batteries never fall below 50% as well as giving me a more accurate check on the SOC and battery performance.

I think that all this will pay for itself in increased battery life and performance.
EXCELLENT battery maintenance Bruce. The only thing I can add is it is good to annually rotate the Main pack Pos and Neg into the middle as there plates can be a little more load burdened over the life of the pack. I had numerous sets of my FLA's that would be slightly less on life sustainment in regards to the main P & N, but after I started rotating, I never ever had that again. Including my last 10 year old set. And it allowed me to thoroughly clean my battery tray and inspect my batteries for swelling and blemishes.
NoleFan4Ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2018, 09:50 PM   #25
yawood
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoleFan4Ever View Post
EXCELLENT battery maintenance Bruce. The only thing I can add is it is good to annually rotate the Main pack Pos and Neg into the middle as there plates can be a little more load burdened over the life of the pack. I had numerous sets of my FLA's that would be slightly less on life sustainment in regards to the main P & N, but after I started rotating, I never ever had that again. Including my last 10 year old set. And it allowed me to thoroughly clean my battery tray and inspect my batteries for swelling and blemishes.
Good advice Nole - as always.
yawood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2018, 10:00 PM   #26
Mooncarter
Gone Insane

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoleFan4Ever View Post
Never thought of this.
Mooncarter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2018, 09:44 AM   #27
Sergio
Gone Wild

Club Car

The load is the same in all batteries, what can vary is the battery temperature during charge and/or discharge.

Depending on the exact design of the battery compartment, some batteries will be more exposed to extreme ambient temperatures and excess heat from the cart motor and Controller heat sink.
Sergio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2019, 02:26 PM   #28
BigOL3
Gone Wild

UPDATE ...... I now have about 20 charges on the US Batteries. Now my SoC on full charge of at rest batteries is 51.4-51.5! Rode 4 miles off road today and had a reading of 50.8V at rest. ......
BigOL3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2019, 02:31 PM   #29
DaveTM
Gone Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigOL3 View Post
UPDATE ...... I now have about 20 charges on the US Batteries. Now my SoC on full charge of at rest batteries is 51.4-51.5! Rode 4 miles off road today and had a reading of 50.8V at rest. ......
I like your smiles on the post!! Sounds like you got 'em working well. Keep the maintenance up and you will get a long, useful life from them!!
DaveTM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2019, 02:36 PM   #30
rib33024

Looking good. Take care of them

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigOL3 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveTM View Post
I like your smiles on the post!! Sounds like you got 'em working well. Keep the maintenance up and you will get a long, useful life from them!!
rib33024 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car