lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 01-12-2019, 02:16 PM   #21
Roxyflash
Gone Wild
Club Car

Default Re: Ameri-Torque caliper disc brake

Those brakes are troublesome they used the same thing on the old jlg f models there junk.I never did like them changed them yearly they finally wised up using a true hydraulic brake and did away with those disk style brake.In my opinion there better as a park brake then a service brake
Roxyflash is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 01-14-2019, 06:49 PM   #22
TahoeDawgZ71
revolutiongolfcars.com

Club Car

Mechanical disc brakes were installed on every Stealth 4x4 vehicle. When I was Service Manager at the Club Car dealer, we were also a Stealth dealer at the time. I can confirm that the noise of dragging brakes is an ongoing issue. Customers were repeatedly bringing their Stealth vehicles back to us to remedy the issue. The problem was that there really wasn't a true "fix". We'd clean them up and make them a little quieter, but a few weeks later it was the same thing all over again. This is why I don't sell them and I would imagine that's why Scotty stopped selling them.
TahoeDawgZ71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2019, 08:25 PM   #23
BigOL3
Gone Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by TahoeDawgZ71 View Post
Mechanical disc brakes were installed on every Stealth 4x4 vehicle. When I was Service Manager at the Club Car dealer, we were also a Stealth dealer at the time. I can confirm that the noise of dragging brakes is an ongoing issue. Customers were repeatedly bringing their Stealth vehicles back to us to remedy the issue. The problem was that there really wasn't a true "fix". We'd clean them up and make them a little quieter, but a few weeks later it was the same thing all over again. This is why I don't sell them and I would imagine that's why Scotty stopped selling them.
Noisy brakes kinda kills the STEALTH mode ....... lol
BigOL3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2019, 08:26 PM   #24
TahoeDawgZ71
revolutiongolfcars.com

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigOL3 View Post
Noisy brakes kinda kills the STEALTH mode ....... lol
Yes it did.
TahoeDawgZ71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2019, 09:09 AM   #25
sunoco
STEALTH 4X4

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by TahoeDawgZ71 View Post
Yes these brakes always seem to make noise. They do provide better stopping power but as someone mentioned, it kinda kills the whole "Stealth" thing. Unfortunately there aren't a lot of options.

The hydraulics work great but as Scotty mentioned, A LOT of people have a hard time bleeding the small lines.
sunoco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2019, 09:57 AM   #26
BBBHC
Gone Wild

Club Car

After reading through Unclejerm76http://www.buggiesgonewild.com/lifted-golf-carts/72494-club-car-trx-fab.html, write up that was linked earlier in this thread, I decided not to go with this set up for now. Hoping someone comes up with a better system...

Last edited by BBBHC; 01-17-2019 at 10:03 AM.. Reason: Didn't see that someone already provided the link
BBBHC is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car