lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 01-23-2019, 09:49 PM   #11
Mooncarter
Gone Insane

Club Car

Default Re: Legalizing Carts in North Carolina - Need Ideas

The NC legislature already allows them on streets 35mph and under from what I have read. If the local government is not receptive to the idea I wouldn't worry about it until they pass an ordinance to the contrary.
Mooncarter is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 01-23-2019, 09:57 PM   #12
NoleFan4Ever
MOD of all BS!

Club Car

We have it similar in Fl, but the state law is that it cannot be on or cross over roads exceeding 45mph. The catch is it also states it is up to each city or county to implement its own ordinances to permit operation in that area but they cannot be less stringent then the state law.
NoleFan4Ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2019, 08:30 AM   #13
jonr3
Gone Wild

Harley Davidson

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mooncarter View Post
Maybe people who use the Americans With Disabilities Act.
Great idea - I'll look into it!
jonr3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2019, 08:33 AM   #14
jonr3
Gone Wild

Harley Davidson

Quote:
Originally Posted by WalterM6 View Post
A major advantage of having Golf Carts, bicycles and scooters on city streets is that it has a calming effect on traffic. Thus making it safer for everybody in the community. You could try using that as an argument.
I never thought of that, but it seems absolutely true from what I have seen. Another great idea!
Old 01-24-2019, 09:35 AM   #15
jonr3
Gone Wild

Harley Davidson

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pedrojr80 View Post
I'm in the same boat when it comes to having carts on my small town. my next town over has a permit to drive them on the street, which is Rose Hill NC. I'm in Teachey NC and its only me asking the town for them to at least give me a reason why they dont want carts on the street. I dough this small towns are going to listen to me, and be able to change their rules.
You never know until you try. Usually the biggest objection is with "safety issues", but I found out from talking with communities that have allowed golf carts, that these issues and concerns are unwarranted.
Old 01-24-2019, 11:56 AM   #16
mrgolf
Old Sky Soldier

Club Car

Years ago I noticed that about 8 out of 10 people of all ages are naive. An airport in western ky made a rule that no one could put there own gas in ther airplane. They were trying to increase fuel sales at the airport. I happen to over hear an older man fussing about the rule. I told him that once you get 65 in ky the local rules did not apply, only state and federal laws applied. I made up a KRS number for the law and told them there was nothing they could do to him but fuss.

About a month later I was at the airport and the fuel guy was telling the manager about the old guy putting his own fuel in his airplane. The manager said just leave him alone he is kind of crazy anyway.

His airplane was a little single engine made back in the 1940's he had been around the airport since it was opened.

When you are older you can act kind of nutty and get by with a lot.
mrgolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2019, 01:23 PM   #17
jonr3
Gone Wild

Harley Davidson

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrgolf View Post
Years ago I noticed that about 8 out of 10 people of all ages are naive. An airport in western ky made a rule that no one could put there own gas in ther airplane. They were trying to increase fuel sales at the airport. I happen to over hear an older man fussing about the rule. I told him that once you get 65 in ky the local rules did not apply, only state and federal laws applied. I made up a KRS number for the law and told them there was nothing they could do to him but fuss.

About a month later I was at the airport and the fuel guy was telling the manager about the old guy putting his own fuel in his airplane. The manager said just leave him alone he is kind of crazy anyway.

His airplane was a little single engine made back in the 1940's he had been around the airport since it was opened.

When you are older you can act kind of nutty and get by with a lot.
HA! From your description of the pilot, I would guess that he flies a J3 Cub (yellow, of course), or an old Taylorcraft or maybe an old Stinson - taildragger for sure! Unfortunately, I'm not old enough to get away with anything like that... they would probably beat me with a rubber hose.
Old 01-24-2019, 02:07 PM   #18
jonr3
Gone Wild

Harley Davidson

From what I can tell in NC, there is a LSV state ordinance and a golf cart state ordinance - both of which are up to communities to approve or not, or, they can modify/create their own ordinance.

The LSV ordinance treats vehicles basically like a car - have to go through DMV, have a VIN assigned, license plate, registration, taxes, etc. The cart ordinance bypasses the DMV and is usually just registered with the city. Each ordinance has safety equipment requirements and varying rules of use.
Old 01-24-2019, 02:10 PM   #19
mrgolf
Old Sky Soldier

Club Car

J 3

BTW I played Rock Barn courses a few years ago. Great courses.
mrgolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2019, 02:15 PM   #20
jonr3
Gone Wild

Harley Davidson

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrgolf View Post
J 3

BTW I played Rock Barn courses a few years ago. Great courses.
I’ve lost a lot of balls at Rock Barn. Great course, though.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car