lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 02-08-2019, 02:39 PM   #41
Allmanac
Getting Wild

Club Car

Default Re: Finished with upgrades now cart won't run. Did I miss anything?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sergio View Post
It is most likely a 5kΩ-0Ω setup, he could have confirmed that even if he does not understand what that means.

I did come up with an idea where you can actually wire that single micro-switch to simultaneously add a resistor in parallel and another one in Series with the throttle wiring to modify the signal to be 5kΩ-2.5kΩ.

The practical issue with that is the resistance has to work just right or the cart will either have a quicker start or a dead range at the beginning of the pedal travel.

If the controller is setup for "reduced speed input" on J5, all You need to do is re-wire the micro switch to provide +48v to J5 when the FNR is in Reverse.
Yeah I kind of didn't understand that if he was a "technical" help person why he would not have had that information somewhat readily available. I asked him if he needed my order number so he could see exactly which controller I received but he said he did not need that. So if I don't hear from them would it possibly harm anything if I ran the +48v from the micro switch to the J5 to see if it is programmed that way? Or should I leave that alone until I can confirm the actual controller programming?
Allmanac is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 02-08-2019, 04:39 PM   #42
Sergio
Gone Wild

Club Car

Unfortunately as I mentioned the other possible configuration for that J5 terminal is as the negative for the Solenoid, so when you press the pedal that terminal would go to negative and that would not be a good thing if you have it connected to +48v.

If You don't get an answer from BU soon, I can calculate the resistors needed to provide reduced speed, we just need to measure the actual resistance of your throttle (3 measurements are needed).
Set your meter to 20kΩ scale if not auto range.
Turn key switch OFF.
Place the FNR in Forward.
Disconnect the wires from Controller Terminals #2 and #3.
With pedal at rest (UP) Measure the resistance between the wires disconnected from Controller Terminal #2 and #3. (reading #1)
Now slowly press the pedal until you hear the pedal micro-switch close and measure the resistance. (reading #2)
Press the pedal all the way down and read the resistance. (reading #3)
That will allow us to calculate the two resistors needed to give you a full pedal range but with reduced speed.
Sergio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2019, 05:12 PM   #43
Allmanac
Getting Wild

Club Car

I still have not heard back from BU. Go figure. I will try tomorrow to get those readings for you. I will have to pull the back seat again. I put the back seat and all back on because the wife and friends wanted to go riding tomorrow after trying to figure out the steering issue I'm having but it looks like that is not going to happen this evening. So I will work on it tomorrow and get you some readings. I'm really not expecting to hear back from BU
Allmanac is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car