lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 01-29-2019, 03:27 PM   #11
Fairtax4me
Bonafide Nincompoop

Club Car

Default Re: Fast flashing of amber battery light

Are PowerDrive plus batteries OEM?

The ERIC charger uses different charge profiles for different batteries and if the batteries are changed it needs to be updated so it will charge them properly.

Three year old batteries that you don’t know the history of, they could have been run down totally dead on multiple occasions, could have been left discharged, or run low on water at some point as they just don’t have the capacity they should anymore. Even though the cart seems to “drive fine”, they dropped to below 48v while operating in just a few miles, which is a sure sign they are failing.
Most carts should be able to run 25-30 miles before the pack reaches 20% SOC.

Charge it tonight, check the pack rest voltage in the morning. Then attach your meter leads to the pack with alligator clips and monitor pack voltage while you’re driving. You’ll probably see that voltage falling to well below 48v in a pretty short distance. Run your 10 mile route and when you get back home just run the cart back and forth near your house for 15-20 minutes and see just how far that voltage drops.
Fairtax4me is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 01-29-2019, 03:35 PM   #12
Monterey
Not Yet Wild
Tomberlin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fairtax4me View Post
Are PowerDrive plus batteries OEM?

Charge it tonight, check the pack rest voltage in the morning. Then attach your meter leads to the pack with alligator clips and monitor pack voltage while you’re driving. You’ll probably see that voltage falling to well below 48v in a pretty short distance. Run your 10 mile route and when you get back home just run the cart back and forth near your house for 15-20 minutes and see just how far that voltage drops.
Thanks for the suggestion and I'll do that tomorrow morning as suggested. One thing that really has me stumped is the yellow light flashing. I've never seen that before. It's like staring at your barking dog wondering what in the world is he trying to tell me?
Monterey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2019, 03:36 PM   #13
Sergio
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monterey View Post
Since the PowerDrive Plus batteries are OEM and installed in 2016 I assumed (I know, I know) that they were of the same specs as the ones originally installed when they were new. ?
In addition to the battery information the BDI section allows for specific use application, for example a hilly course may program it to blink the light sooner than a flat course to allow ample time for the cart to return.

I did not realize you don't have a dash voltmeter (should get one), but like Fairtax4me suggested, test the batteries since battery life is measured in charge/discharge cycles and not on years.
Sergio is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car