lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 01-29-2019, 02:32 PM   #1
Jalves
Not Yet Wild

Default PLEASE HELP Club car 2004 limo too slow

I have a Club car Limo ijust got done by someone. Problem is it doesn’t go that fast 10-12 miles. I asked the guy who made it why does is it too slow and he tells me that I can’t put a speed motor in it cause it will burn out because of weight. He says it needs a bigger controller and motor. He suggests a Navitas controller and a red hawk motor 4 long neck motor. Says it will cost $1800.00. Is there any other way to make go faster for lower amount of cash?
Thanks
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 052082BF-5612-42AD-B923-E294D81CBA61.jpg (95.2 KB, 0 views)
Jalves is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 01-29-2019, 03:26 PM   #2
Aflyer
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default Re: PLEASE HELP Club car 2004 limo too slow

You will receive lots of options for upgrades to increase your speed.

But first tell us how fast do you want to go, and are you running on flat or hilly terrain.

Options include a speed magnet, or reprogramming of your factory controller, or as you were told, motor and controller changes.
Aflyer
Aflyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2019, 03:34 PM   #3
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Use the Alltrax XCT48500IQ control, MZJ400 solenoid, 2g cable set, and MOT-A4 motor $1467 or..
Same set up with FSIP high torque motor for $1357

A little less but still not cheap- You can save money if you can make your own welding lead cables
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2019, 04:52 PM   #4
Jalves
Not Yet Wild

Riding on flat roads. Would like to go around 20 miles
Old 01-29-2019, 06:11 PM   #5
WalterM6
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Is there any other way to make go faster for lower amount of cash?
Just like Granny would say. "It takes money to drink whiskey and ride the train."
WalterM6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2019, 10:33 PM   #6
TahoeDawgZ71
revolutiongolfcars.com

Club Car

Jalves,

The correct procedure to upgrade your cart can be addressed once the drive-system is correctly identified. Your post above mentions the use of a Navitas controller and a RedHawk Admiral MOT-A4 motor. This would indicate that your cart has the IQ drive system, and it might..... The concerning part to me is the speeds that it's currently running. I've build several limo cart with lift kits on them out of IQ golf cars and I've never had any with speeds so slow. They work fine and they work at the same speeds that they ran before they were stretched. Let's back up and make sure we have the IQ system on the cart. If you do, we need to figure out what's wrong with it. That cart, programmed on the default setting of speed setting 3, should run every bit of 16-17 MPH with those oversized tires on it.

In 2004, the drive system can be identified by the vehicle serial number. Post that information here and I'll take a look at it and I'll point you in the right direction and see if we can get this thing fixed before you start throwing parts at it.
TahoeDawgZ71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2019, 05:04 PM   #7
Jalves
Not Yet Wild

I gave him my 2014 club car to use as parts for the limo. So I’m not sure what parts he used but the pic shows my old serial number
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 914A23CB-16C5-419C-AB11-4C82622F2D96.jpg (118.6 KB, 0 views)
Old 01-30-2019, 05:21 PM   #8
TahoeDawgZ71
revolutiongolfcars.com

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jalves View Post
I gave him my 2014 club car to use as parts for the limo. So I’m not sure what parts he used but the pic shows my old serial number
The serial number in the photo is not from a 2014. It's from a Pathway. The Pathway was a joint effort from Club Car and General Motors. They designed a Low Speed Electric vehicle and took them all out to California to a big event for them to be seen. After the event, they were converted back to "golf car" powertrains, so your Pathway cart should have a regular IQ system on it. All serial numbers on the Pathway begin with 0399, but they actually began production on them in 2002, and not 2003 as the serial number would indicate. The transaxles contained 10:1 gears instead of the typical golf car 12.3:1 ratios. This was part of the reason they were able to run the speeds that they ran, 25 MPH or so. Most of the pathways got converted back to a golf car style transaxle with the 12.3:1 gears as well, but some slipped through the cracks. It's possible your cart may still have the 10:1 gears in it, but it's doubtful, especially with the slow speeds you're experiencing. The only way I can foresee that you could be running such slow speeds is if the speed sensor circuit doesn't work. A bad speed sensor can trigger a "limp mode" condition on the IQ car and will cause the vehicle to run a speed of around 8 MPH until the sensor is replaced. Oversized tires and/or high speed gears such as the 10:1 gears would make that closer to 10-12 MPH instead of the normal 8 MPH limp mode. I think you need to do the speed sensor test procedure and see if it passes the test. If it fails the test, replace it. But don't replace it with one of the Chinese Amazon/eBay sensors. Use a factory sensor. It will last much longer, and it'll actually work the first time. Here's a link to the speed sensor test procedure. Do this test and post your results and we'll move forward and figure out what's wrong with this thing...

https://www.revolutiongolfcars.com/t...sensor-testing
TahoeDawgZ71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car