lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 01-30-2019, 11:13 PM   #1
golfbag1999
Not Yet Wild

Default Battery upgrade necessary?

Thinking of upgrading '10 Precedent with a D&D 170-506-0002 motor, (long story) a standard controller, and solenoid, by adding a 400/500 amp controller, a 300/400 amp solenoid, and 4 or 2 ga cables. Will 6-8 volt Trojan 875 batteries power all this adequately?

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk
golfbag1999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 01-30-2019, 11:27 PM   #2
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Default Re: Battery upgrade necessary?

T875 will provide more than adequate power.
To answer your question I need to know What size tires are on the cart, how and where you want to use the cart, and if the terrain is hilly or flat.
I'm curious why the motor choice... sounds like there is a story there.
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2019, 11:45 PM   #3
golfbag1999
Not Yet Wild

Standard tires, street use to and from golf course, golf course is moderately hilly. Play 4, 5 times a week. Charge after any use, check water once a month.
Bought the cart as a refurb in 15, they added lights, turn signals and a voltage reducer, 2010 batteries. When the batteries failed one day at the course, flipped the run/two switch to tow it home. All was well until the rear wheels locked up followed by a loud pop and burnt electrical smell. Voltage reducer wired incorrectly I was told and interfered with the run/tow switch. The shop I took it too, which is now closed, put in this motor after I asked for a little more sleep, no mention of upgrading anything else.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk
golfbag1999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2019, 12:47 AM   #4
NoleFan4Ever
MOD of all BS!

Club Car

You have a great motor in the D&D. That is a "Speed" motor and is a great upgrade for your cart. It does add roughly 20% more torque over stock with a 500a controller (just 10% w/400a) and is rated at 9.1 Peak HP. Its limits as you are feeling/noting is the controller as it remains stock.

Your next step is meeting your goal and that will be best achieved with a controller, solenoid and cables. With that motor and the distance you will be traveling and the hills you want to go over, I would get the full potential from that motor with an XCT-500 (which includes the cooling fan), 400a HD solenoid and 2g cables to match it all up. The referenced controller will be mapped for your motor, raise its current speed and torque capabilities, and allow you user tuneability and troubleshooting via the Alltrax Tool Kit. The cables and solenoid will match up perfectly for the delivery you want in this set-up.

Here are the upgrade kits you can buy as a package or as individual items https://www.revolutiongolfcars.com/u...ages-precedent. To get the very best service and equipment advice for this set-up and for meeting your needs, call David Hicks at Revolution Golf Cars 706-431-3917. Will be the best call you ever made for your cart....
NoleFan4Ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2019, 09:32 AM   #5
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Or cartsunlimited.net
See item 4 here > http://www.cartsunlimited.net/alltrax-xct-sepex--.html
Old 01-31-2019, 11:06 AM   #6
NoleFan4Ever
MOD of all BS!

Club Car

Or call David Hicks at Revolution Golf Cars 706-431-3917. Will be the best call you ever made for you and your cart....
Old 01-31-2019, 11:07 AM   #7
NoleFan4Ever
MOD of all BS!

Club Car

And you can call David Hicks at Revolution Golf Cars 706-431-3917. Will be the best call you ever made for you and your cart....
Old 01-31-2019, 11:11 AM   #8
TahoeDawgZ71
revolutiongolfcars.com

Club Car

golfbag1999,

Lots of people find it easier to talk via phone if they have a lot of questions about their cart. The line is open if you need to call and ask questions. I'd be more than happy to assist you with any questions you may have. You may call or text. We'll ensure you get the best bang for your buck without overspending or buying something you don't need.
TahoeDawgZ71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2019, 11:15 AM   #9
NoleFan4Ever
MOD of all BS!

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by TahoeDawgZ71 View Post
golfbag1999,

Lots of people find it easier to talk via phone if they have a lot of questions about their cart. The line is open if you need to call and ask questions. I'd be more than happy to assist you with any questions you may have. You may call or text. We'll ensure you get the best bang for your buck without overspending or buying something you don't need.
Now THAT is what I call "Customer Service" and keeping the customers' needs at the forefront of your business.

Thank you David for what you do for all of us.....
Old 01-31-2019, 02:59 PM   #10
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Can you turn your messages on Nole?
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car