lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 02-18-2019, 09:06 PM   #31
seanmcg
Getting Wild

Default Re: Lift kit opinions

Quote:
Originally Posted by BBBHC View Post
My lift is a 6" Madjax HD double a-arm. 92 CC DS gas frame. I don't have a picture looking from front to back, I'll try and get one tomorrow. The front tires do not setout further than the rear tires on mine.

Attachment 182377

Attachment 182378

Attachment 182379
Thanks. That's the look that I want. I see a lot of lift kits that push the front wheels way out and it looks weird.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
seanmcg is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 11-04-2022, 07:55 AM   #32
motoroilmccall
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: Lift kit opinions

Digging up a few year old thread here, and I'll get flamed for it since it's my first post here, but, I'd get flamed for not using the search button if I posted it as a new topic...

So, I recently bought a 2002 Electric DS 48V that was nicely upgraded back in the day, windshield, flares, pearl white painted body, some storage cubbies, custom upholstered seats (and some fugly carpeting), Kool Air Top (A/C), stereo, ITP wheels, etc... but, it's the stock ride height (came from Monterey CC in CA, so I doubt they could golf with lifted carts there). I now have it in Parrish, FL (between Tampa and Sarasota).

Looking around at lifts, I'm a bit torn on what's best for my application. For the most part, it's just taking the wife and dogs around the neighborhood (installing a rear seat kit this weekend, which I'm modifying to move back a few inches, as the cart has some really unique molded covered storage bins behind the front seat now, painted to match). But, I also do use the cart to help maintain the HOA property as I sit on the board (hauling signs around, cleaning up the nature trails from Ian damage, and general maintenance around the neighborhood). It's about 90% on-road, and 10% off, but nothing crazy off-road.

The All-Sport lifts are made here in FL (though a long ways away), so I like that, and like that it replaces most of the front end on my 20 year old cart (which also needs a steering box, as this one has a few sticky spots, and it's not the rod ends or king pins). I like the adjustability of the Super Sport kit, but not sure I need it. I like the wheelbase extension, and simplicity (and probably less maintenance due to lack of heim joints) of the standard kit though. Then, there's the Jakes spindle lift kit, which is even simpler, and retains the stock ride, but retains much of the stock, tired front end.

The wheelbase extension is nice because as I mentioned, I'm going to shift the rear seat back about 3" to clear the storage on the cart, and that's going to cantilever even more load over the rear end than there would be... so 1.75" wheelbase extension would help offset that a bit.

Any inputs from the crowd? Experience with the kits? Insights I might be overlooking? Thanks all!
motoroilmccall is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car