lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 02-27-2019, 07:28 PM   #1
Leed1315
Not Yet Wild

Default 48v Club car coversion SxS project

I have what was an Xtreme Green 72v Lithium electric SxS. The machine has lower hours but much of it is missing. If you are familar with a Yamaha Rhino the body and frame are a close clone. What is still on it is a 72v AC motor and transfer case for the 4wd. All the other electrical is gone along with batteries. Xtreme green closed not long ago so there is no option with going back with original. Its good they did because there customer service was horrible and didn't have support for their products.

I have come across a 2000 48v club car that I can get the motor, controller, and charger out of. My plan would be to do a lithium battery setup with it assuming its not too much trouble. I had saw some of the post in the EZGO forums and it didn't seem too bad. I guess my main question is would this motor and controller setup be enough for this machine? As long as I can mount the motor up to the transfer case everything else should be fine.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20190201_084618[2].jpg (368.9 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg 20190201_084152[2].jpg (205.9 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg 20190201_084203[2].jpg (189.5 KB, 0 views)
Leed1315 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 02-27-2019, 08:33 PM   #2
Fairtax4me
Bonafide Nincompoop

Club Car

Default Re: 48v Club car coversion SxS project

You need to find out how many splines are on the input shaft of that transmission.
Club car motors have 10 splines, and it looks like that shaft has more. You may be better off trying to source a 72v motor controller such as the one EZ-go uses on their newer AC carts and building around the motor that you already have.
Fairtax4me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2019, 06:38 AM   #3
BBBHC
Gone Wild

Club Car

I agree with fairtax. I would think a stock motor and controller from a 48v system would be quite under powered for this application. Would probably be fine for most riding around in it, but in 4wd would be where I think it would be under powered.
BBBHC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2019, 07:08 AM   #4
BBBHC
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leed1315 View Post
I have come across a 2000 48v club car that I can get the motor, controller, and charger out of. My plan would be to do a lithium battery setup with it assuming its not too much trouble. I had saw some of the post in the EZGO forums and it didn't seem too bad. I guess my main question is would this motor and controller setup be enough for this machine? As long as I can mount the motor up to the transfer case everything else should be fine.
As to your plan of going with a lithium battery setup, there are quite a number of threads dealing with it. There are many ways of getting it done. Some less expensive than others, and some more (in my opinion) complicated than others. I'm in the process of building a lithium system right now. I'm going with a Zeva setup, as most of the threads on here are as well. Here is a thread that for me is the easiest to get a good understanding of what all is involved, as well as how to do the specific setup.
http://www.buggiesgonewild.com/all-t...hium-pack.html
BBBHC is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car