lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 03-30-2019, 06:46 PM   #11
NoleFan4Ever
MOD of all BS!

Club Car

Default Re: Charging issue

You can bypass the OBC by running a jumper from the back side of the charge receptacle (where the black 10g wire is that goes into the harness) and run it directly to the Main Pack Negative. Also take the grey sense wire coming off the same receptacle and land it to the same place. This will allow the charger to turn on "if" the OBC has failed. Note- This is only to test and not to make normal operation.
NoleFan4Ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 03-30-2019, 06:56 PM   #12
cmysstailights
Gone Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoleFan4Ever View Post
You can bypass the OBC by running a jumper from the back side of the charge receptacle (where the black 10g wire is that goes into the harness) and run it directly to the Main Pack Negative. Also take the grey sense wire coming off the same receptacle and land it to the same place. This will allow the charger to turn on "if" the OBC has failed. Note- This is only to test and not to make normal operation.
I didnt take the gray wire before just the black. Is that why nothing happened before?

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
cmysstailights is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2019, 06:57 PM   #13
cmysstailights
Gone Wild

If my batteries are dead, how is this for a drop in setup

Old 03-30-2019, 07:02 PM   #14
NoleFan4Ever
MOD of all BS!

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmysstailights View Post
I didnt take the gray wire before just the black. Is that why nothing happened before?

The gray wire is the sense wire and is needed to close the relay.
Old 03-30-2019, 07:03 PM   #15
NoleFan4Ever
MOD of all BS!

Club Car

Quote:
If my batteries are dead, how is this for a drop in setup
I would not run any lithium pack without a BMS. (Battery Management System)
Old 03-30-2019, 07:05 PM   #16
cmysstailights
Gone Wild

Quote:
Im starting my research for a conversion. New batteries would run me about 700. I would rather invest a little more and lighten her up

Old 03-31-2019, 05:55 AM   #17
BBBHC
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
I agree with Nole.

By all means do a lot of research! Lithium batteries are much more sensitive than lead acid when it comes to temperature, over charge and over discharge. If you buy that battery pack and charger, you would have added expense in getting and setting up a BMS system to insure longevity of the battery pack, as well as added safety. Ask any questions you may have, we'll all help out as much as possible.

Read through this thread. This was recent.
http://www.buggiesgonewild.com/lithi...light=exploded
BBBHC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2019, 06:24 AM   #18
cmysstailights
Gone Wild

Wow, i am gonna try and revive these and see what happens but gonna slowly build the lithium system. Seasonal season is 2 weeks away, just my luck. Found this on ebay. Is it a good start? I would need a low volt and high volt cutoff, what do you recommend. What else would i need?
https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?m...2F123486112701
Thx drew

Old 03-31-2019, 06:59 AM   #19
BBBHC
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Found this on ebay. Is it a good start? I would need a low volt and high volt cutoff, what do you recommend. What else would i need?
https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?m...2F123486112701
Thx drew

I would recommend going through this thread: http://www.buggiesgonewild.com/lithi...ghlight=DaveTM
It goes in to detail on a couple different setups using Leaf battery modules, and using a Zeva BMS system and a charger that can communicate directly with the BMS system. I just finished putting together a ZEVA system, but a little differently than DaveTM.

There are other BMS systems, and some more involved systems in terms of DIY. The Zeva system is nice, in that someone with basic electrical know how can get it done, with the help of folks on this forum. There are quite a few folks on here who are using this system. I myself knew very little before attempting this. To give you an idea, here is my build thread: http://www.buggiesgonewild.com/lithi...ld-thread.html. It's a little hard to follow for just looking at the lithium information, as I jump around to other parts of the build. Post #108 it starts to get into some detail of the BMS, then jumps to some other things. Then at post #162 it gets back into the BMS setup.

I would suggest starting a new thread, under one of the lithium categories. That way folks on here with way more technical know how than me, can help you with making decisions on components and such.
BBBHC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2019, 07:28 AM   #20
cmysstailights
Gone Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by BBBHC View Post
I would recommend going through this thread: http://www.buggiesgonewild.com/lithi...ghlight=DaveTM
It goes in to detail on a couple different setups using Leaf battery modules, and using a Zeva BMS system and a charger that can communicate directly with the BMS system. I just finished putting together a ZEVA system, but a little differently than DaveTM.

There are other BMS systems, and some more involved systems in terms of DIY. The Zeva system is nice, in that someone with basic electrical know how can get it done, with the help of folks on this forum. There are quite a few folks on here who are using this system. I myself knew very little before attempting this. To give you an idea, here is my build thread: http://www.buggiesgonewild.com/lithi...ld-thread.html. It's a little hard to follow for just looking at the lithium information, as I jump around to other parts of the build. Post #108 it starts to get into some detail of the BMS, then jumps to some other things. Then at post #162 it gets back into the BMS setup.

I would suggest starting a new thread, under one of the lithium categories. That way folks on here with way more technical know how than me, can help you with making decisions on components and such.
Awsome thx

Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car