lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 04-20-2019, 11:06 AM   #1
twilliams81
Gone Wild

Default 2005 CCP on its 2nd controller..

And keeps activating the “HW FAILSAFE” fault. After some looking around I found there was a FUSED link between these two and not a pre-charge resistor (I’ve since removed it). Also I’m seeing this on the motor... The controller most certainly is gone because of that fuse link issue but could that have caused this and should I pull the motor? Thanks for any info/advice!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
twilliams81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 04-20-2019, 05:19 PM   #2
NoleFan4Ever
MOD of all BS!

Club Car

Default Re: 2005 CCP on its 2nd controller..

That's a lot of heat. Could have been a connection issue or could have been.... ?

Never a bad idea to inspect the motor. You can do a continuity test or connect cables to it and test its operation.
NoleFan4Ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2019, 09:01 PM   #3
Htownblue
Gone Wild

Club Car

You should have a precharge resistor between the terminals on the solenoid. In addition I would bet dollars to donuts (mmmmmm donuts mmmmmmm so good) you have a short in your motor.
Htownblue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2019, 07:44 AM   #4
Sergio
Gone Wild

Club Car

The fusible link across the Solenoid would have caused the cart to run in half speed but not caused any damage.

That one motor post with the bad cable is melted and the stud next to it appears to show signs a wrench was dropped on it as You can see some melted material was transferred.

Disconnect the motor and see if your error code goes away.
Sergio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2019, 06:19 PM   #5
WalterM6
Gone Wild

Club Car

The motor connections should also have two nuts. The one below the lug appears to be missing, it needs to be there to keep the bolt from from spinning when you tighten it down.
WalterM6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2019, 08:15 PM   #6
twilliams81
Gone Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sergio View Post
The fusible link across the Solenoid would have caused the cart to run in half speed but not caused any damage.

That one motor post with the bad cable is melted and the stud next to it appears to show signs a wrench was dropped on it as You can see some melted material was transferred.

Disconnect the motor and see if your error code goes away.

From what I was told it was running fine but I don’t know for sure. I’ll pull the disconnect the motor tomorrow and see if the code goes away...I’ll keep you guys posted. Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
twilliams81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car