lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 04-24-2019, 08:04 PM   #1
scmoose
Gone Wild

Default Installing Alltrax 300A Controller

Getting ready to install a new Alltrax 300A controller in a 2012 Precedent Excell cart and have a couple of questions.

I already have a resister on my solenoid, do I need to install the one that came with the kit?

The 4 pin connector that came off of the old controller, I don't see a socket where it connects to the new controller, is it needed?

Are you mounting the new controller to the existing aluminum plate the old controller was bolted to, or the plastic wall on the back side of the compartment the old controller and solenoid hides in?

Thanks in advanced, I.m sure ill have more questions.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20190424_204804.jpg (97.9 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg 20190424_204956.jpg (137.4 KB, 0 views)
scmoose is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 04-24-2019, 09:20 PM   #2
NoleFan4Ever
MOD of all BS!

Club Car

Default Re: Installing Alltrax 300A Controller

Quote:
Originally Posted by scmoose View Post
Getting ready to install a new Alltrax 300A controller in a 2012 Precedent Excell cart and have a couple of questions.

I already have a resister on my solenoid, do I need to install the one that came with the kit? Yes, please read this thread http://www.buggiesgonewild.com/elect...th-diodes.html

The 4 pin connector that came off of the old controller, I don't see a socket where it connects to the new controller, is it needed? That is for the Curtis Hand-held to connect to and is not needed.

Are you mounting the new controller to the existing aluminum plate the old controller was bolted to, or the plastic wall on the back side of the compartment the old controller and solenoid hides in? It is up to you. Most mount them where the old one was, but you can relocate it.

Thanks in advanced, I.m sure ill have more questions.
See above
NoleFan4Ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2019, 09:42 PM   #3
scmoose
Gone Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoleFan4Ever View Post
See above
Im using the stock solenoid and there are only two post on it plus two spade connectors. The directions and other post say to connect the diode to the small post on the solinod which I don't have. Do I connect the diode only two hmm post on the solenoid?

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
Old 04-24-2019, 10:17 PM   #4
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Install no precharge resistor with the Alltrax XCT. That's the green thing between the big posts in your pictures. Do not reinstall it.
The small post diode is built into the stock solenoid as indicated by the red mark on the + small post. So you need not add that either. Hope this helps
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2019, 12:19 AM   #5
NoleFan4Ever
MOD of all BS!

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by scmoose View Post
Im using the stock solenoid and there are only two post on it plus two spade connectors. The directions and other post say to connect the diode to the small post on the solinod which I don't have. Do I connect the diode only two hmm post on the solenoid?
The diode supplied with your controller is a "Regen" diode and it is there to protect the controller and why Alltrax supplies it with their XCT kits. Here it is installed http://www.buggiesgonewild.com/elect...ml#post1557532 on the large post. Regardless if it is an aftermarket or a stock solenoid, it still goes there.

Here it is on the Alltrax drawing attached. Note: #5 is the Regen Diode and #4 was the Resistor which is noted as no longer needed (as it is handled through the controller now).

If you have a polarized solenoid (which sounds like you do) the Note for #1 is not applicable as it is built in on your solenoid and you would not have had one to begin with.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf XCT CLUBCAR IQ WIRE DIA.pdf (134.4 KB, 0 views)
Old 04-25-2019, 06:01 AM   #6
scmoose
Gone Wild

Quote:
The diode supplied with your controller is a "Regen" diode and it is there to protect the controller and why Alltrax supplies it with their XCT kits. Here it is installed http://www.buggiesgonewild.com/elect...ml#post1557532 on the large post. Regardless if it is an aftermarket or a stock solenoid, it still goes there.

Here it is on the Alltrax drawing attached. Note: #5 is the Regen Diode and #4 was the Resistor which is noted as no longer needed (as it is handled through the controller now).

If you have a polarized solenoid (which sounds like you do) the Note for #1 is not applicable as it is built in on your solenoid and you would not have had one to begin with.
Nole I'm going to give you a call later on this morning. Thanks.

Old 04-25-2019, 07:12 AM   #7
NoleFan4Ever
MOD of all BS!

Club Car

10-4. If I miss u I will be in some meetings, leave me a message and I will call u inbetween.
Old 04-25-2019, 08:06 AM   #8
scmoose
Gone Wild

Quote:
10-4. If I miss u I will be in some meetings, leave me a message and I will call u inbetween.
Thank you sir.

Old 04-25-2019, 08:27 AM   #9
scmoose
Gone Wild

Quote:

**** I confused you with Tahoe at Revolution carts where I bought the controller. I will bother him first.
Old 04-25-2019, 08:30 AM   #10
scmoose
Gone Wild

20190424_203701.jpgOne last picture of my stock solenoid, and of course its upside down and I'm unable to rotate it.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car