lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-12-2019, 01:56 PM   #11
Rome3433
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: Club Car Precedent alignment issue

Picked up the cart today. Upper Control Arm bushings were shot so I replaced those. It definitely improved the issue. Re-aligned the cart. Still a wobble in the front end. Cart wants to pull one direction. When trying to turn around, it seems to want to roll onto the tire / skipping on furthest tire. Control arms do not look bent.

How can you tell if a spindle is bent?

How can you tell if the hub/bearings are bad? Spins freely but piece in center is loose. I wish I had a Club Cart to compare these parts to.

Thanks for any help! Will try to upload pics from my phone below since it's telling me images are unsupported on computer.
Rome3433 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 05-12-2019, 10:59 PM   #12
TahoeDawgZ71
revolutiongolfcars.com

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rome3433 View Post
Picked up the cart today. Upper Control Arm bushings were shot so I replaced those. It definitely improved the issue. Re-aligned the cart. Still a wobble in the front end. Cart wants to pull one direction. When trying to turn around, it seems to want to roll onto the tire / skipping on furthest tire. Control arms do not look bent.

How can you tell if a spindle is bent?

How can you tell if the hub/bearings are bad? Spins freely but piece in center is loose. I wish I had a Club Cart to compare these parts to.

Thanks for any help! Will try to upload pics from my phone below since it's telling me images are unsupported on computer.
You can tell the spindle is bent by the symptoms you describe. Correct alignment, but incorrect symptoms. It shouldn't be acting that way. It's doing as I described in my earlier post. Due to a bent spindle, your toe alignment is changing as you steer. Going in a straight line it's fine. 99% of the time you can't even tell it's bent. I've taken hundreds of spindles off of Precedents and held them up next to a brand new one and I can't tell a difference, but when I put the new one on, the issues are resolved. It doesn't take much to make a tremendous difference in steering geometry. As for the wheel bearings, there shouldn't be anything loose in them. They should spin freely without making any grinding or roaring noises. If they do, replace the hub.
TahoeDawgZ71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2020, 09:47 PM   #13
mattellis123
Not Yet Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by TahoeDawgZ71 View Post
Yes. Piles and piles of them. We lifted a bunch (Probably 200 in the past year) of 2018 and 2019 Precedents that have little to no hours on them. When we put lift kits on, the entire front ends come off and get thrown in the pile. The front end parts are like new. They're available for sale on the site. Just use the drop down menu on the individual product page to select "OEM-USED". Order an A-Arm and a Spindle and I'll include a new clevis and kingpin for free.

https://www.revolutiongolfcars.com/s...sion-precedent
Tahoe - You still running this deal? I need to order some parts chasing something that’s bent and thinking of just doing both sides on 13 cc precedent.
mattellis123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2020, 08:26 AM   #14
Fairtax4me
Bonafide Nincompoop

Club Car

David almost always has Precedent front end parts in stock. Call him on Monday.
Fairtax4me is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car