lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 06-19-2019, 07:59 AM   #1
del50man
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default 2015 Club Car Precedent jerking when taking off

I have a 2015 Club Car Precedent 48 v (6 - 8v) that jerks lightly when taking off. After a few seconds with floor pedal down it will be perfectly fine. It does not do this in reverse.
The batteries are 3 1/2 years old and are fully charged when this happens. I read something about possible an Mcor issue, but want to make sure it's a consensus before purchasing a new Mcor.

Thanks
del50man is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 06-19-2019, 08:02 AM   #2
twilliams81
Gone Wild

Default 2015 Club Car Precedent jerking when taking off

More than likely it’s a battery issue but maybe just one or two. You’ll need to load test them when this problem is occurring and with them being over 3 years old you should be good with putting in one or two new ones.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
twilliams81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2019, 08:11 AM   #3
del50man
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default Re: 2015 Club Car Precedent jerking when taking off

Could you explain "load test" please? What should they read while doing a load test? I would assume one or two would read lower than the others?

I appreciate your response!
Old 06-19-2019, 08:16 AM   #4
twilliams81
Gone Wild

Using something like this to test what kind of voltage drop you’re getting from each battery. When you hook it to each battery it should read AT or ABOVE what the battery is rated for (6, 8, or 12 volt) and you should have no more than .5-1V of drop when you test each battery; anything more than that and you have a suspect battery. Note though that you should load test each battery for 5-10 seconds. Hope this helps

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
twilliams81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2019, 12:50 PM   #5
Fairtax4me
Bonafide Nincompoop

Club Car

The carts motor is the best load test you can provide.
Use a multimeter with aligator clips to check pack voltage while driving the cart, and after that check each individual battery while you drive. Start with number 1 and move to the next battery down the line after testing.
Pack rest voltage should be around 50-51V about 12 hours after charging.
Pack voltage should never go below about 40V.
Individual battery voltage should not go below about 7V when under load.

Prior to doing any of these tests make sure all of your battery terminals and cable ends are clean, no corrosion, and tight on the battery posts.
Fairtax4me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2019, 08:13 PM   #6
del50man
Gone Wild

Club Car

Ok so I’ve tested the batteries and they are fine. I’m assuming the MCOR?
I read about MCor 4 or 2? Possible needing wire adapters??
Old 06-25-2019, 08:18 PM   #7
NoleFan4Ever
MOD of all BS!

Club Car

Your cart would have an MCOR4 now. Nothing else needed. If you suspect it is the MCOR, test it. With the batteries connected, key switch Off, Tow/Run switch in Run; place the black (–) probe on packs main Negative post and the red (+) probe on the yellow wire at the 3-pin connector near the MCOR. (The reading should be approximately ~0.32vdc to ~0.5vdc with the pedal up). Slowly press the Go Pedal and the readings should increase until it reaches ~4.65vdc or more when the pedal is fully pressed. (Anything less than 4.60vdc and you are not reaching full throttle). If the reading is erratic or jumps all over the place it is a bad MCOR potentiometer..... Get one here https://www.revolutiongolfcars.com/mcors as that will be an OEM part.
NoleFan4Ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2019, 09:33 PM   #8
del50man
Gone Wild

Club Car

So I replaced the MCor on the cart and after the charge wears off it starts jerking again with a new MCor 4. Batteries all read 48v for the whole pack and 7 to 8 volts on all batteries.
Old 06-28-2019, 09:54 PM   #9
teecro
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by del50man View Post
So I replaced the MCor on the cart and after the charge wears off it starts jerking again with a new MCor 4. Batteries all read 48v for the whole pack and 7 to 8 volts on all batteries.
If that's a static or standing reading then those batteries are all but DEAD... And 8 volt battery should read 8.5X volts fully charged and is considered to be 50 % discharged when reading 8.0 volts...
teecro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2019, 10:44 PM   #10
del50man
Gone Wild

Club Car

Would it help putting in one new battery
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car