lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 06-26-2019, 09:23 AM   #11
bahb4u@yahoo.com
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: 07 precedent ignition switch

I disconneted the wires I had installed for the DC DC converter.
The cart is the way it was before I started.
It still runs by itself whetther the ign is on, off, or completely removed.
If I fried something in the process, I guess I need to buy a new one. I just need to know what it is. Trying to send a couple pics, but not having much luck yet.
Thanks
bahb4u@yahoo.com is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 06-26-2019, 09:33 AM   #12
Sergio
Gone Wild

Club Car

It is possible the previous owner had something installed wrong.

One of the most common mistakes on a Precedent, made by "local shops" as well, is to use a voltage reference other than the controller B- for accessories.

You can make sure the only battery post that has a wire connected to, in addition to the cables, is the pack positive battery post that has the charger Red 10ga wire.

To verify if the "bucket harness" is what causing the issue, locate the 12-pin connector on the right side of the dash where the bucket harness comes up and connects to the dash harness.

You will see a small gray wire that has a bullet connector, disconnect that gray wire and see if the problem goes away.
Sergio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2019, 10:01 AM   #13
bahb4u@yahoo.com
Not Yet Wild

Sergio,
I returned my cart back to the way it was before I started. Removed all wires related to the DC converter. The cart still goes without the key on, off, or the ign removed completely. I just need to know where to look for the issue.
Thanks
Old 06-26-2019, 10:08 AM   #14
Sergio
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by bahb4u@yahoo.com View Post
Sergio,
I returned my cart back to the way it was before I started. Removed all wires related to the DC converter. The cart still goes without the key on, off, or the ign removed completely. I just need to know where to look for the issue.
Thanks
Try this first:

Quote:
To verify if the "bucket harness" is what causing the issue, locate the 12-pin connector on the right side of the dash where the bucket harness comes up and connects to the dash harness.

You will see a small gray wire that has a bullet connector, disconnect that gray wire and see if the problem goes away.
Old 06-26-2019, 02:45 PM   #15
bahb4u@yahoo.com
Not Yet Wild

Dude, There is not a grey wire in or near the 12 pin bundle. There are two empty slots in the bundle, but thats all I see. I took a picture of what looks kinda ghetto in the bucket area. Blue wire connected to a much bigger gauge blk wire. I'm trying to add some pictures, but I am not a IT guy. So stand by for them
Old 06-26-2019, 02:55 PM   #16
Sergio
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by bahb4u@yahoo.com View Post
Dude, There is not a grey wire in or near the 12 pin bundle. There are two empty slots in the bundle, but thats all I see. I took a picture of what looks kinda ghetto in the bucket area. Blue wire connected to a much bigger gauge blk wire. I'm trying to add some pictures, but I am not a IT guy. So stand by for them
Sorry, since this is a 2007, that is a factory bucket harness unlike the 2008+ Precedent models where it is an add-on.

We may be able to figure out if a different battery was tapped by measuring the voltage on the Key Switch Blue wire.

With the key switch OFF or the Blue wire disconnected from the key switch, measure the voltage between that Blue wire and the pack negative battery post.

It should be 0v, but if not it will direct us to where that wrong connection was made.
Old 06-26-2019, 03:12 PM   #17
Sergio
Gone Wild

Club Car

Have you tried this to load pictures (click to view larger)?

Old 06-26-2019, 03:30 PM   #18
bahb4u@yahoo.com
Not Yet Wild

If the the pos pack is the one that goes to the solonoid, then the neg on the one that goes to the OBD is the neg I used. I got 50v

IMG_5688.jpg

IMG_5687.jpg

IMG_5695 (1).jpg

IMG_5696.jpg

Dude, I am doing the best I can with this. Let me know if this works
Old 06-26-2019, 03:39 PM   #19
Sergio
Gone Wild

Club Car

That Red wire connected with the Blue wire on the Key Switch is not factory.

Where does it go?

That Red wire is likely the source of the issue.
Old 06-26-2019, 03:42 PM   #20
bahb4u@yahoo.com
Not Yet Wild

I put that there when I was trying to find switched 48v, but never used it.
Thanks for helping me with the photos. At 65, it takes me ten minutes to send my grandaughters a text.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car