lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 06-26-2019, 03:53 PM   #21
Sergio
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default Re: 07 precedent ignition switch

Quote:
Originally Posted by bahb4u@yahoo.com View Post
I put that there when I was trying to find switched 48v, but never used it.
Thanks for helping me with the photos. At 65, it takes me ten minutes to send my grandaughters a text.
That Blue wire is the correct location to get the "trigger" signal for your converter, just make sure the other side is not connected or shorting against anything.

Please measure the voltage on that Blue wire with the Key Switch OFF so we know if anything is back-feeding the system.

You are doing pretty good, I am sorry if I sounded harsh earlier, I was just concerned that You were about to cause some avoidable damage (...and also stressed at work).
Sergio is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 06-26-2019, 04:54 PM   #22
bahb4u@yahoo.com
Not Yet Wild

No worries dude. Trust me, I've been there. I appreciate all your help and expertise.
I just checked it again and it's still at 50v on the blue wire.
bahb4u@yahoo.com is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2019, 05:14 PM   #23
Sergio
Gone Wild

Club Car

If You are sure that Red wire You added is not connected to anything on the other side, the issue is likely the Black 12ga wire with a male bullet connector from the bucket harness.

That Blue wire should have 0v with the key OFF.

I cannot see from the picture what is connected to that black wire with the yellow male bullet connector.
Old 06-26-2019, 08:17 PM   #24
bahb4u@yahoo.com
Not Yet Wild

I'll give it another shot. Just got back driving it. Runs great, lights work, still charges. You just dont need a keyIMG_5701 (1).jpg

IMG_5699.jpg
Old 06-26-2019, 09:10 PM   #25
Htownblue
Gone Wild

Club Car

The red wire is the entire source of your issue. You need to find where is connects to. It is extremely unlikely it is fed back through the factory harness.
The pictures of your harness wiring at the controller are inconsequential to the issue. Follow the red wire. Find what it connects to. Find out if it is used as a 48v source wire to a reducer on off, or if it is to something else.
Htownblue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2019, 11:23 AM   #26
bahb4u@yahoo.com
Not Yet Wild

Are you reffering to the red wire in the battery compartment or at the ign.
Old 06-27-2019, 11:38 AM   #27
Sergio
Gone Wild

Club Car

That is the Red wire at the ignition, if You are not sure where it goes just cut that Blue and Red connection OFF at the key switch and check which wire has power when the Key is OFF.
Old 06-27-2019, 12:38 PM   #28
Jerry Casto
Not Yet Wild

Is it normal for wire from motor to the controller to be hot. I thought I had loose wire so I took it off and clean and tighten but still hot.
Jerry Casto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2019, 05:42 PM   #29
Htownblue
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerry Casto View Post
Is it normal for wire from motor to the controller to be hot. I thought I had loose wire so I took it off and clean and tighten but still hot.
That’s an entirely different issue friend. Post the year model and make of your cart in a separate thread and you’ll get plenty of responses and guidance on what is normal and what to troubleshoot. When you find the problem (if their is one), learn the Gospel Of Dave and follow religiously.....Which is contact Dave at revolution Golf cars, let him know your problems, listen to his advice, purchase parts from him, install said parts from him according to his word, and live a blessed Cart life Because of it. Go forth and Make Dave cart disciples in all nations baptizing them in the name of Buggies, Dave, and Club Car.
Htownblue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2019, 04:16 PM   #30
bahb4u@yahoo.com
Not Yet Wild

The red wire connected to the blue wire at the ign was what I was going to use as a switched 48v source for my reliance DC-DC converter. It's not hooked up.
I have 48v on the blue wire and 48v at the green wire. Hooked to the ign switch or not. If I could find a good wiring diagram for my 07 precedent, I could probably figure it out.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car