lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 07-07-2019, 10:14 PM   #1
Jtr8151
Not Yet Wild

Default Trojan T-875 Watering

Hello all, I recently purchased a 2015 Club Car Precedent with dead batteries. In reviewing the forum, it appears the Trojan T-875 are a superior battery (correct me if I am wrong). Based on that, I plan to replace my current batteries with the T-875. I noticed that my current PD Plus batteries have a single point watering system and discovered the Trojan use a Hydrolink system, which appears to be quite expensive for some plastic tubing (proprietary, I assume). My question is, is there an alternative single-point watering system (can I use the system already in place for PD Plus batteries) that is cheaper? If I have to go with the Hydrolink, does anyone have a preferred supplier? I have seen prices from $200-$400 for the Hydrolink.

Furthermore, from my research the E.R.I.C. charger needs to use Algorithm 1 for the T-875, is that correct? Thanks and I appreciate the feedback!

~Justin
Jtr8151 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 07-07-2019, 11:41 PM   #2
NoleFan4Ever
MOD of all BS!

Club Car

Default Re: Trojan T-875 Watering

The single point should work with any similar designed battery. But those valves are notorious for sticking/failing, so be careful.....
NoleFan4Ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2019, 11:45 PM   #3
Jtr8151
Not Yet Wild

Thanks, I'm guessing I'll just bite the bullet and purchase the hydrolink. I don't want the old one failing on me.
Jtr8151 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2019, 03:21 AM   #4
yawood
Gone Wild

Club Car

I have a single point watering system on mine (I asked for it specifically when I bought the cart and it was thrown in with the deal) but I now wish it didn't have it. It is quite difficult to know exactly how much water is going into each battery and it is very easy to over fill them. I much prefer to do them manually as I know exactly how much water is in each cell (because you can actually see it) and that is how I do them.

If I were you I would just get the Trojans without a single point watering system. I know it is a little more work but your new batteries will thank you for it.
yawood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2019, 05:36 AM   #5
LukeL
Gone Wild

Club Car

Another vote for manual watering. I’ve seen a couple of those Hydrolink valves stick and ruin a battery. A dry cell can be dangerous as well.
LukeL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2019, 07:43 AM   #6
yawood
Gone Wild

Club Car

A further point about single-point watering systems. They make sense if you are looking after a fleet of rental carts because the time taken to manually check each cell is substantial. However, when you just have one cart of your own, the emphasis should be on getting the best performance and life from your batteries. Time is less critical so it makes sense to check each cell manually.
yawood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2019, 08:49 AM   #7
Swan
Cave Dweller

Club Car

not a fan of watering systems, if one was on my cart at purchase time I would remove it and throw it away in tiny little pieces to never be used again .
Swan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2019, 11:43 AM   #8
Nsane
Gone Wild

Club Car

I like to manually water mine and it also a good time to check the cables for tightness too.
Nsane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2019, 11:46 AM   #9
jonr3
Gone Wild

Harley Davidson

I got rid of my single point watering system when I bought new T875s as I didn't trust it with my new expensive batteries. I changed my charger to the correct algorithm so now I only need to add a little water about every 2 months so it's not a big deal.
jonr3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2019, 11:47 AM   #10
ThreeCW
Gone Wild

Cushman

Manual watering is the ONLY way to go unless you are looking after 50 golf carts or more. I suggest that you forget about the single point watering system.
ThreeCW is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car