lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 07-09-2019, 10:30 PM   #1
Jtr8151
Not Yet Wild

Default Napa 8148 Batteries and ERIC Charger

I have obtained new Napa 8148 8 Volt batteries. I am looking for the algorithm for the ERIC charger used with these batteries. I have looked at both the Delta-Q site and also looked at the Everything to Do with Batteries Forum. From what I have observed they used to be made by Exide and/or Johnson Controls (other posts), may possibly be made my EastPenn now, according to the Safety Data Sheet on the Napa Website. I really want to make sure I use the correct charging profile/algorithm that is best suited for my batteries.

Algorithm 21? It looks like it requires a temp. sensor? Does the ERIC charger have a temp sensor built in?

TIA

~Justin
Jtr8151 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 07-10-2019, 04:39 PM   #2
Fairtax4me
Bonafide Nincompoop

Club Car

Default Re: Napa 8148 Batteries and ERIC Charger

Yes, Napa batteries are made by East Penn. Same as Duracell. Delta-Q recommends profile 71 for Duracell 165Ah capacity 8v batteries. I would think that one should work for the Napa batteries as well since they have the same Ah capacity. You can always email or call their tech support and ask.

21 will not work if your charger does not have a temp sensor. A temp sensor must be connected for the temp compensated profiles to work properly. It's not needed for most applications and is mostly dependent on climate.
Fairtax4me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2019, 08:07 PM   #3
Jtr8151
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fairtax4me View Post
Yes, Napa batteries are made by East Penn. Same as Duracell. Delta-Q recommends profile 71 for Duracell 165Ah capacity 8v batteries. I would think that one should work for the Napa batteries as well since they have the same Ah capacity. You can always email or call their tech support and ask.

21 will not work if your charger does not have a temp sensor. A temp sensor must be connected for the temp compensated profiles to work properly. It's not needed for most applications and is mostly dependent on climate.
Thank you for the feedback, I have been on the phone with East Penn and Napa and also emailed East Penn with no response. Your explanation makes since, and I thank you for the response as I feel better about getting these batteries charged for the first time!
Old 07-10-2019, 11:05 PM   #4
Fairtax4me
Bonafide Nincompoop

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jtr8151 View Post
Thank you for the feedback, I have been on the phone with East Penn and Napa and also emailed East Penn with no response. Your explanation makes since, and I thank you for the response as I feel better about getting these batteries charged for the first time!
Meant to say in the last post you can email Delta-Q Tech support and try asking them what they recommend. They work with all major battery manufacturers to determine the best charging profiles for their chargers and not all of their algorithms are posted on their website.
Old 07-11-2019, 10:18 AM   #5
Jtr8151
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fairtax4me View Post
Meant to say in the last post you can email Delta-Q Tech support and try asking them what they recommend. They work with all major battery manufacturers to determine the best charging profiles for their chargers and not all of their algorithms are posted on their website.
Sorry, I didn't include that in my response, I emailed them to.... nothing back. Appreciate the advise!
Old 07-15-2019, 06:37 PM   #6
Jtr8151
Not Yet Wild

Just to update anyone that may have this question in the future, I spoke with Mike, Director of Sales for East Penn Batteries (Maker of the Napa 814 and they did confirm that Algorithm 71 should be used. Thanks again for the help!
Old 07-16-2019, 07:27 AM   #7
Fairtax4me
Bonafide Nincompoop

Club Car

Good to hear.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car