lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 07-16-2019, 12:59 PM   #1
stoker
Gone Wild

Default 2007 first gen powerdrive No F or R

QS0742-825128
seem like OBC is getting false signal that charger is plugged in,as soon as i unplug NO.18 grey wire at OBC alls good.traced grey wire to charger relay and replaced it,still no worky.Charger seems to charge fine,and it is hardwired to OBC/batts (no receptacle on this unit).at a loss
stoker is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 07-16-2019, 01:42 PM   #2
stoker
Gone Wild

Default Re: 2007 first gen powerdrive No F or R

not sure on history of this cart,could be wrong charger?this is powerdrive 17930 and the OBC has 6pin connector??
Old 07-16-2019, 02:51 PM   #3
stoker
Gone Wild

did some more research by looking at other carts in are fleet here at work.pretty sure this Powerdrive gen1 charger is incorrect to match the 6pin connector type OBC.should be a IQplus 25260?could this cause my false signal prob?
Old 07-16-2019, 03:47 PM   #4
stoker
Gone Wild

update,found a IQplus 25730 charger,still same prob:(
Old 07-16-2019, 09:21 PM   #5
Fairtax4me
Bonafide Nincompoop

Club Car

I had a wire diagram somewhere for an on-board charger for an earlier IQ model that may be similar. I’ll have to look it up tomorrow. I do know the IQ plus models have quite a few differences and a different controller.
If I remember right the relay is hooked up differently in the on-board units so the DC side is disconnected when no AC power is present. I don’t remember if it was a different type or if there were supposed to be Two relays.
There should also be a 10k resistor somewhere between the grey and red wires from the charge receptacle to give the controller lockout pin power when the DC side relay is Off. I could be wrong though, like I said I’ll have to look it up again.

Maybe someone who knows that setup will post in the mean-time.
Fairtax4me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2019, 10:11 PM   #6
stoker
Gone Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fairtax4me View Post
I had a wire diagram somewhere for an on-board charger for an earlier IQ model that may be similar. I’ll have to look it up tomorrow. I do know the IQ plus models have quite a few differences and a different controller.
If I remember right the relay is hooked up differently in the on-board units so the DC side is disconnected when no AC power is present. I don’t remember if it was a different type or if there were supposed to be Two relays.
There should also be a 10k resistor somewhere between the grey and red wires from the charge receptacle to give the controller lockout pin power when the DC side relay is Off. I could be wrong though, like I said I’ll have to look it up again.

Maybe someone who knows that setup will post in the mean-time.
thanks,i understand this model came with charger on cart and was hardwired to OBC/batts (never had a DC receptacle)from factory.there is a small relay mounted on same panel as OBC and controller (between them).We have a ton of club cars here in our fleet and I have never seen this relay on other models.thanks again
Old 07-17-2019, 06:01 AM   #7
Sergio
Gone Wild

Club Car

The on-board setup uses a small solid state relay to disconnect the regular charger relay when AC is not present.

Here is a post I did a while back on how to by-pass that AC relay for testing:
http://www.buggiesgonewild.com/elect...ml#post1254351
Sergio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2019, 09:37 AM   #8
stoker
Gone Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sergio View Post
The on-board setup uses a small solid state relay to disconnect the regular charger relay when AC is not present.

Here is a post I did a while back on how to by-pass that AC relay for testing:
http://www.buggiesgonewild.com/elect...ml#post1254351
thanks Sergio
I could be mistaken,but i dont think we are on same page:)this cart charges fine,it just wont run with the grey wire from OBC that hard wires to charger (btw it splices to the blue wire from charger)when it is hooked up.in other words i believe this is solenoid lockout circuit?NOW,if i were to fab/wire a DC receptacle,the cart would be fine if the DC plug is disconnected.Hope this explains it better
Old 07-17-2019, 09:42 AM   #9
Sergio
Gone Wild

Club Car

Are You using a regular charger onboard?

If You are then it should always be on "Lockout" since the relay "sense" wire is hard connected to the OBC.

The onboard version of the Powerdrive charger has that additional board I posted that disconnects the "sense" wire from the OBC unless the charger is plugged to AC.
Sergio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2019, 10:26 AM   #10
stoker
Gone Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sergio View Post
Are You using a regular charger onboard?

If You are then it should always be on "Lockout" since the relay "sense" wire is hard connected to the OBC.

The onboard version of the Powerdrive charger has that additional board I posted that disconnects the "sense" wire from the OBC unless the charger is plugged to AC.
OK,i think we are getting somewhere!this cart has been raped of parts and swapped parts..the first charger was wrong as it was first gen Powerdrive17930 and didnt have control circuit board.So,i came across a brand new looking IQ plus 25730 charger and just assumed it had the circuit board,but just now found out it does not:(
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car