lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric golf carts
Electric golf carts Harley Davidson, Melex, Pargo, Taylor-Dunn and other Misc. Carts.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 02-18-2015, 05:25 PM   #1
Hootsmun
Not Yet Wild

Default Quiq 48v internal fault diagnosis

Hi there,
Wondered if someone could help shed some light on diagnosing an internal fault on a quiq charger, model 912-4800 E254286 48v.

On switching on - sequence is as follows:
Ac indicator illuminated,
Ammeter cycles to position 1, then 2, then only ac on is illuminated.
10 to 15 secs and error code 6 flashes.

I have stripped the unit and tested all three ceramic fuses for continuity, all good.

Have the side panel off, led side, and don't see any probs with the current shunt wire.

I am lost as to what to try/test next.

I live in the uk and so no delta q repair option. Is this unit beyond repair? Do I just junk and buy something else? Which I am loathed to do, it's my deceased father-in laws golf buggy, trying to help my mother-in law sell it, but need it fixed.

Any help, advice, gratefully received!
Thanks folks
Hoots
Hootsmun is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 02-25-2015, 10:00 AM   #2
Epb
Gone Wild
Club Car

Default Re: Quiq 48v internal fault diagnosis

Great thing about some chargers is they detect a fault and shut off it's also a bad thing cuz now u have to find the fault. Check batteries first- corrosion, fill level and voltage. Check all cables for snug and corrosion. Finally voltage supply good be too high. If the batts are low charge them individually with a car charger to get up to neat voltage then put quiq back to work
And welcome to bgw
Epb is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
charger, fault, quiq, repair
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric golf carts