lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha
Gas Yamaha Gas Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 03-27-2015, 10:19 PM   #11
cgtech
Over This Interview Is...

Yamaha

Default Re: Help with G16 TCI replacement

Pull the spark plug and put it against the engine somewhere metal, crank the engine and look for spark.
cgtech is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 03-28-2015, 04:41 PM   #12
KingPin
Not Yet Wild
Yamaha

I did like you said and pulled the spark plug. The current plug was a little fouled so I replaced it with a new one. I left it out and connected it to the spark plug cap and tried to see if I could find spark grounded out against the engine. Nada nothin. And the engine sound is the same with the plug out as in. Now I'm stumped and the extent of my knowledge is reached.
KingPin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2015, 01:14 PM   #13
cgtech
Over This Interview Is...

Yamaha

Put your thumb over the spark plug hole, check for compression. But, still no spark is the number one problem. Have you tried unplugging the white plug with blue & black wire located at front of engine at the base, then check for spark with unplugged (if this gets you no spark, the TCI is bad or mis-adjusted).
cgtech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2015, 09:53 PM   #14
KingPin
Not Yet Wild
Yamaha

well i finally got back to the golf cart after some nasty snow around here (that and my honey-do list). first off... No spark; i have a dynamic spark tester (i think thats what its called), placing that in line it doesnt light up at all....next i tested the voltages from the TCI itself. The voltages are out of spec from terminal to the rounded part not so much but from terminal to the spark plug cap it is out quite a bit (5.1 on the ohm side instead of what .. uhmm 10.5 min??). I think this is what I get for buying aftermarket instead of OEM ... thought it was a good amazon buy at the time and I've really learned my lesson.

I will save my pennies and buy a new OEM piece here shortly.

Any other recommendations would also be appreciated.

KingPin
Old 04-22-2015, 10:55 PM   #15
KingPin
Not Yet Wild
Yamaha

Ended up purchasing a new TCI from a retailer in Kelowna (golfcartparts). Anywho after a mishap with the kids getting into my bolts and having to find 2 more metric bolts to mount the TCI back on ... the cart is back up and running as good as or at least better than it was before.

Thanks again everyone for the replies. I cant wait to get out and run it for a while.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha