lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha
Gas Yamaha Gas Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 04-22-2015, 09:47 PM   #11
dbmachine
Gone Wild

Default Re: 2014 F/I Drive Adjustments Needed

This is what I have but shop around for a better price.

Amazon.com: Yamaha ENG-METER-4C-01 Automatic Deluxe Hour Meter and Tachometer for Yamaha Grizzly 300: Automotive Amazon.com: Yamaha ENG-METER-4C-01 Automatic Deluxe Hour Meter and Tachometer for Yamaha Grizzly 300: Automotive
dbmachine is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 04-22-2015, 10:40 PM   #12
dbmachine
Gone Wild

http://m.ebay.com/itm/391053473646?nav=SEARCH

Same thing just a lot cheaper
dbmachine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2015, 08:36 AM   #13
nota
Gone Wild
Yamaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by dbmachine View Post
Tiny tach is one and the other is made by yamaha which is the same as the tiny tach but has an hour meter built in that will help you keep track or service intervals. Very simple you wrap a small gauge piece of wire around the coil wire 7 times where it goes into the spark plug very easy and great piece of mind.
I have a 2011 drive gas with the carb
what is the safe redline RPM = to what speed with stock gears clutch/springs

what are the better spring colors for higher speed low weight use
as I only drive on streets with 1 or 2 up and do not haul heavy stuff

I have 13'' wirewheels with 23'' tyres
the cart GPS max speed is 31 mph
with stock 8''x18'' it would get about 26 mph
gov bypassed and cable direct to the carb
nota is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2015, 09:00 AM   #14
gadawg31
Not Yet Wild

Yamaha

Thanks db. I like that meter and I will shop around to see if I can find it cheaper. Still not too bad at $40bucks.
JD
gadawg31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2015, 09:44 AM   #15
BrewCityMusic
Hammer Down !!!!

E-Z-GO

I've had mixed luck with those little digital tachs over the years, about half of them aren't sealed well and will fog up and die on You if they get wet, it's literally about a 50/50 shot but when they work, they definitely do the trick on a budget. If You could squeeze a few more dollars, I use the Equus tach model 8068 on my carts and mount them in the gloveboxes for protection, they have a true inductive pickup as versus just a coiled wire (which is also a weak point with the low-$ LCD tach's) are backlit, can be calibrated if needed and are bulletproof units. Online they can be found for around $77 (I think even walmart online carries them now) and are a truly professional and accurate meter for your needs (I'd hate to trust the engine on a brand-new cart to one of the little LCD's, just based on my experiences with them over the years) ...
BrewCityMusic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2015, 11:11 AM   #16
gadawg31
Not Yet Wild

Yamaha

10-4 Brewcitymusic, I appreciate the info. I am with you on reliability, so I will have to look into those. I have some time, since I am not doing anything out of stock. I experimented with the zip tie for an out & back test run, but took it off after that. I sent db a pm regarding radio systems, since I found a post of his that had some pics of Yamaha consoles and I am still searching around on the forum for more info. Would you happen to have any ideas on that? Again, thanks for the tach info.

JD
gadawg31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2015, 07:05 PM   #17
BrewCityMusic
Hammer Down !!!!

E-Z-GO

about half a dozen posts under this one there's a thread called "Speakers" with some pics of the install I just did on a GMAX, that may help. I'm not a fan of the consoles, I have installed a ton of them for people and for myself and they always (eventually if not right away) start to rattle and make noise IMHO (and I've tried every trick in the book to isolate them but it still almost always inevitably drives you nuts offroad) ...

JBL, Pyle Marine, Dual, and I believe a company called Genisis all make round Marine radios designed to mount in a 3" gauge hole - they work just as well in an existing cupholder with about a 1/8" wrap of rubber tape, it's a solid press-fit so easy to remove if You ever decided to, and nothing to drill or cut if You do the system the way I did in that thread, it's pretty slick (and really great, loud, clear sound with surprising bass, especially at $170 for the entire system including Bluetooth, Ipod Control, 1/8" input, etc). Worth a peek, I'm almost done with the build and will likely do a step-by-step thread with pics pretty soon, I'll keep You posted
BrewCityMusic is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha