lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car
Gas Club Car Gas DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 06-30-2015, 10:04 AM   #1
mhjimh
Not Yet Wild

Default Brake light

I just installed a deluxe light kit on a 2006 club car precedent. and the brake light will not work all other lights are working just fine. Dose any one have a wiring diagram for this? or any Ideas?
mhjimh is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 11-26-2015, 07:16 PM   #2
TempleRacing
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Default Re: Brake light

Did you find a fix - I'm having the same problem - have a 2005 precedent gas - installed everything - all works fine except brake lights - I put a probe on floor wire harness - Red/Brown aren't showing 12v when i step on brakes.... I've looked everywhere for solution.
TempleRacing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2018, 10:31 AM   #3
Bamaman
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Did anyone ever find a solution for this. I have a 2007cart that I purchased and can’t get brake lights to work. I know this is and old thread but new problem or me.
Bamaman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2018, 02:01 PM   #4
Bamaman
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

I have a 2007 gas club car that I have installed blinkers and stop pad. Stop lights do not work. I have plugged into the harness where it says Will not work. Any solutions. Blinkers and lights both work. I have tried looking at many threads with no luck. Help.
Bamaman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2018, 02:57 PM   #5
Role
Gone Wild

If you have a relay - take the two big spade connectors and splice them together. This may fix your issue for brake function.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_5202.jpg (58.2 KB, 0 views)
Role is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2019, 05:48 AM   #6
PT69
Not Yet Wild

I have a 2005 gas precedent and did a LED deluxe light install and I have the exact same problem. I have no power to the brake switch wires and no brake lights but everything else works fine. Did splicing the two large spade connector wires together work?? Do you even need that solenoid??? The kit directions are misleading and vague
PT69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2019, 06:12 AM   #7
Olddog72
Gone Wild

Had same problem,gave up and hard wired.
Olddog72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2019, 08:19 PM   #8
Patmcc
Not Yet Wild

I second Olddog72. The mechanic at the golf cart store said the power to the floor board comes from the upgrade/blinker harness. I never could get 12v so I ran a wire from solenoid to the circuit breaker my kit came with. I totally agree all the directions I’ve gone through over the last two weeks have been terrible. Rear seat, extended top, body kit, light kit. I’m sure it’s all second nature if your in the business.
Patmcc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2019, 09:45 PM   #9
TahoeDawgZ71
revolutiongolfcars.com

Club Car

You have to install a 12 volt relay behind the dash and install either a horn button or a turn signal switch. The light kit harness behind the dash should have four blade terminals intended to be plugged into this relay. Should be located just to the right of the light switch. The relay is designed to turn on with the key. In the case of a stuck brake light switch you'll have the ability to turn the brake lights off by turning off the key. Without the relay, a stuck brake light switch could leave your lights on and kill your battery. The horn button/turn signal switch has a built in jumper that will jump the incoming power from the brown wire and transfer it into the white (drivers side) and yellow (passenger side) wires that power the brake/turn element of the tail lights.
TahoeDawgZ71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2019, 04:18 PM   #10
PT69
Not Yet Wild

FYI...I figured out the problem with my cart. The black relay where the the 4 spade connectors hook to was for a 30 volt system. Probably for a an electric cart I'm guessing! I installed a 12 volt relay " which looks identical " and presto i have power to my brake switch and now brake lights. My kit was a RecPro deluxe gas LED light kit, so be aware that they maybe shipping out the wrong relay in these kits. My RecPro box says its for gas cart also. This might be why so many people are having this problem!!
PT69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car