lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO
Gas EZGO Gas EZGO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 12-09-2008, 06:43 AM   #11
ruredy
Born Wild

Default Re: Opinions on Limited slip differential?

Not sure about the part # on the belts your saying, maybe those are severe duty belts. The belt I would use is 22337-g1 or one for a 96 Polaris 250 trailblazer. If you have the 28deg clutch (and it's not wore out), your really pissing in the wind thinking these machined clutches and power springs, ect. ect. are going to fix this problem. (That is unless someone has installed high speed gears.) The shorter belt will provide enough gearing to flip the cart over on itself, now can someone explain to me how you can do better than that..... The problem is 11hp, it's just not enough to go dune hopping.
Take a head from a eh29 (295) and put it on the eh35 (350). The 295 head is like a closed chambered head that will bump up the compression making more power. use a 350 head gasket and run some high octane gas. I would run a good synthetic oil also. This mod will help (if you don't already have it) but you'll still have the rev limiter so your top speed will be limited.
ruredy is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 12-09-2008, 08:31 AM   #12
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Putting larger tires on is the equivalent of installing higher speed gears IMHO. Especially 23s. My cart on just installing 20s, the cart lost the ability to spin the tires off the line....The shorter belt helped. But for me the machined clutch from http://www.cartpartsplus.com/ solved my problem. Now I am spinning my wheels all the way to the top of the dirt hills at work.....Tom can modify your clutch and have it back to you in a about a week for half that price. Also you don't need to do both the Short belt and the machining because in the modification they make the clutch close more pushing the belt higher out on the clutch which is the same as a shorter belt.
But they also put a speed spring in it so it stays in a lower gear ratio longer producing more torque...
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2008, 01:37 PM   #13
ruredy
Born Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyb View Post
.... bla, bla, bla,...
You had something wrong or different with your cart, like bad driven clutch or high speed gears or whatever. Not all ezgos are like yours, matter of fact very few would be like that. I'm not kicking the machining of the clutch but, clutches are a consumable part and won't last forever. My carts and many others will run like yours without having anything done to the clutches. Your judging all ezgos based on your experience with your cart, i'm just saying not all of them are like that. The OP said he had a 28deg clutch, it didn't come from the factory like that so i'm assuming it's a newer one, lets not throw out the baby with the bath water here. From what I can tell by his posts he's not having a problem with the clutch, hence the title "Re: Opinions on Limited slip differential?". You can machine clutches till the cows come home but it's not going to change the fact that he only has 11hp, on sand dunes that's not enough.
Old 12-09-2008, 02:12 PM   #14
Woodkitten
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

All true. I do not think I am having problems with the clutch. It is more the lack of power and the slidding/slipping/rubbing noise I get when I am going up hills. I have only taken the cart to the dunes once and it seemed to have lost alot of power after we got back. I have a steep cement driveway and I need to go up the driveway at an s curve. I was able to go straight up it before the dune trip. The belt is brand new and was recomended to the gentleman who builtg the cart. When I looked up the belt on google to try to find its length, it kept showing up with the 28 degree clutch as package deal. The belt is grooved on both sides so it could be a severe duty belt-
https://www.computerpoint.net/catalo...Carts/6258.htm -
or http://www.golfcarcatalog.com/catalo...d=1429&id=4294
I bought the cart hopeing the 11hp with 28 degree clutch and front and rear coilovers would be enough to get around the dunes and up little dunes with out spilling my drink.
I did let some air out of the tires to try and get more traction and it did help a little-could than be where the noise is coming from?
I am used to a 1914 vw 2 seat sandrail and moved to the golf cart for more reliability and comfort and to take the fam around.

sorry for the long post but in a nut shell-I would love a bit more torch down low and the ability to get up Very small dunes and local paved hills in town.
hopefully a different belt-tightening the gov-maybe machining the clutch-what ever the experts would do on a limited budget.
thanks again
Woodkitten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2008, 03:32 PM   #15
ruredy
Born Wild

measure across the belt, if it's under 1 1/8" it could be the problem. The sides would look glazed over if its been slipping also. I would replace the belt with one for a Polaris trailblazer if it were me, doesn't cost much and that'll give you a backup just in case. The loss of power may be the belt or could be as simple as a cable adjustment. Then again it could be something else, hard for me to tell from where i'm sitting.
Old 12-09-2008, 03:56 PM   #16
Woodkitten
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

Thanks- I will go try to find that belt at our local atv shop-22337-g1 or one for a 96 Polaris 250 trailblazer-If that does not work I will try to take some detailed pictures and see if you all have any other suggestions. Are there any tricks to getting on really tight belts?
Old 12-09-2008, 04:05 PM   #17
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

No. No trick, just bla bla bla
Old 12-09-2008, 04:12 PM   #18
Woodkitten
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

What type of questions should I ask the person who built the cart to get a better idea of what i am dealing with? ie. how new is the clutch-Are there high speeds gears?etc
Old 12-09-2008, 07:26 PM   #19
ruredy
Born Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by Woodkitten View Post
What type of questions should I ask the person who built the cart to get a better idea of what i am dealing with? ie. how new is the clutch-Are there high speeds gears?etc
That's exactly what i'd ask, the clutch was more than likely that whole kit put on there. also ask about any engine mods. The 350s didn't come in that cart so it's been put in there sometime along the way.

Scotty, didn't mean to get you upset.
Old 12-09-2008, 07:43 PM   #20
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Jon my skins thicker than that I thought it was funny and you are giving her all the info she needs. I just think bla bla .....
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO