lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO
Gas EZGO Gas EZGO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 12-14-2008, 08:05 PM   #21
Woodkitten
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Re: Opinions on Limited slip differential?

The problem with the cart was a bad clutch. It was old and worn out. I put a new 28degree and it is running great! I am getting up all the hills and will test it in the sand at Glamis over XMas break. Thanks again for all the help.
Woodkitten is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 12-14-2008, 08:10 PM   #22
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Thanks for getting back to us ! Glad to hear it is working the way it should. Where did you get your clutch?

Imagine this Jon, it was a worn clutch ? I guess the odds of that are rare.....
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2008, 09:51 PM   #23
Woodkitten
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

The guy I bought the cart from had an extra new 28 and a 36. He sold it to me for $100! I am having Lee from King Carts in Yucaipa pick up the cart to cut the roof off and make it an easy on easy off roof with pins. The cart is too tall to fit in my toy hauler. We have to take off the bottom part of the back bet to get it in. What a pain in the butt!! Do you still think it is worth getting a shorter belt as well for even more potential torque and/or machining the new clutch and adding a super spring? or going back to the OG idea of a limited slip diff?
Old 12-14-2008, 10:02 PM   #24
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

here is the deal....if you don't have enough power to straight up spin one tire while trying to climb a particularly steep sand hill...... you darn sure won't be able to spin two I have a very similar workhorse to yours. I had the speed spring and machining done to mine. I installed it with the shorter belt and had tough shifting ......in some on a hill conditions I could not shift without rocking the cart hard. I think it is one or the other.....I'll take the spring an machining because for me it makes for a smoother easy take off no matter the slope

PLEASE DON'T BE DISAPPOINTED BUT the stock motor is not enough HP for the dunes, in my opinion.
Old 12-14-2008, 10:54 PM   #25
Woodkitten
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

No I wont be disappointed. I know the sand is rough on carts. Do you think paddle tires would help or hurt? not even sure they make them. If I love the golfcart lifestyle I might look to upgrade the motor. what do you all think of the $399 16hp knock off motor?
Old 12-14-2008, 10:58 PM   #26
shawn.m
Gone Wild

if you going to big block I would got the briggs route. Large amount of aftermarket stuff for it
shawn.m is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2008, 11:03 PM   #27
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

I played in the sand for 20yrs. Just lived & played...we took everything we ever got our hands on out in it. The sand just sucks the hp outta them. Remember walking on the beach in the dry deep sand and climbing the dunes. It is impressive how much juice it takes to move in it! That being said and you having an 11 hp motor .....I think paddles will be too much bite. Just try letting the air out to about 8 psi and see if you can go .....When you are there see who can go where and then ask then about the mods in their carts.

Lots of guys had good luck with the chineese clone motors......Just use the search for a 13hp clone
Old 12-15-2008, 01:06 AM   #28
ruredy
Born Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyb View Post
Thanks for getting back to us ! Glad to hear it is working the way it should. Where did you get your clutch?

Imagine this Jon, it was a worn clutch ? I guess the odds of that are rare.....
Well Scotty, if I guessed right all the time everyone would be trying to get me to pick lotto numbers for them.
ruredy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2008, 07:35 AM   #29
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

I need some help with the lotto #s ...... alls I'm doin' is feeding the pot !
Old 12-15-2008, 07:37 AM   #30
ruredy
Born Wild

The winning number is 4
ruredy is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO