lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric golf carts
Electric golf carts Harley Davidson, Melex, Pargo, Taylor-Dunn and other Misc. Carts.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 06-20-2016, 06:59 AM   #1
hubtech
Not Yet Wild

Default Should I Purchase Ruff and Tuff

I'm going to check out a 2007 Ruff and Tuff cart today. I know R/T are now out of business, but this cart seems like a pretty good deal. 2400 ask for an 07, looks clean, batteries hold charge, and no apparent issues. However, I have not been able to find any parts houses that carry bits for these specifically. I've read that they share some components with EZ-Go, which are plentiful for sure. Before I take the plunge, any of you pro's have any advice?
hubtech is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 06-20-2016, 08:25 AM   #2
hubtech
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: Should I Purchase Ruff and Tuff

tried to post pictures, but because i'm new i can't.
Old 06-20-2016, 10:18 AM   #3
hubtech
Not Yet Wild

let me know if y'all need any more info before i drive an hour to check this thing out;0
Old 06-20-2016, 03:12 PM   #4
kgsc
Gone Wild

Mixed Breed

Not sure which model or where you are but 2400 it too high in my opinion especially for a cart you may not be able to get parts for... One of my lake neighbors just sold a 2005 EZ PDS with 2 year old batts for 2500 as an example
kgsc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2016, 03:56 PM   #5
rib33024

Quote:
Originally Posted by hubtech View Post
tried to post pictures, but because i'm new i can't.
You can post pics anytime you want. You just can't post a link to anything for 7 days

( let the forum host the picture. )

click "Go Advanced"

then click "Manage Attachments"

click "Choose" in the pop-up window

select the file(s) from your computer

click "Upload"

close pop-up after files complete uploading.

click "Submit Reply"

"Go Advanced"

"Manage Attachments"

"Choose"- click on what you want to post, - then click -"Upload" wait a few sec, then click ( submit Reply )
rib33024 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2016, 07:22 PM   #6
hubtech
Not Yet Wild

Well I bought it. New motor and solenoid. Batteries do need to be replaced within the year. I'll probly get a set before deer season. Thing drives smooth and quiet. Hit 22 in high hear and 12ish in the low speed. Got about 10 miles out of the charge I took it home with. Our hood is real hilly so that's not bad imo. May look into some electric car lipos since I've got to spend money on batteries anyway.

Backstrap Brotherhood (team 5)
Old 06-21-2016, 08:18 AM   #7
hubtech
Not Yet Wild

I just charged the batteries over night. Unplugged the charger and tested the voltage on the batteries and they all registered from 8.2-8.3v which seems okay to me.
Old 06-21-2016, 09:39 AM   #8
teecro
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by hubtech View Post
I just charged the batteries over night. Unplugged the charger and tested the voltage on the batteries and they all registered from 8.2-8.3v which seems okay to me.
Just barely ok... You would like to see as close to 8.5 to be considered 100 % SOC... 8.2 to 8.3 is 70 to 80 % SOC respectively.... Check your water levels and make sure connections are clean, bright and snug and try a couple back to back chargings to see if they perk up a little...
teecro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2016, 08:13 PM   #9
hubtech
Not Yet Wild

Well, they are gel batteries. the guy i bought them from thinks they are original.... which would make them 9 years old. i cant find a date on them anywhere. The cart is spectacular though. perfect shape, on a flat i've gotten it up to 23 mph, does great off road too. our hood has about 3 miles of trails through the woods, all crushed gravel, but very hilly and it handled it all!! i know batteries are coming... trying to decide if i jump head first and try to do some fancy battery magic or just get a set plain ole deep cycle. I'd love to get 30-50 miles out of a charge. As of now, 12 miles is my best, and the battery gauge was down to 50%. I ordered an actual volt meter to replace the battery gauge, will be here tomorrow. ya'll i'm a ruff and tuff believer :)
Old 06-26-2016, 08:27 AM   #10
hubtech
Not Yet Wild

The batteries are in fact ruff and tuff branded. Can't believe that 9yo batteries will still do 12 miles. And that's just to half of the battery gauge. Loses speed pretty bad uphill but goes fine on the flats.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric golf carts