lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha
Gas Yamaha Gas Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 09-06-2016, 08:53 PM   #1
motox25
Not Yet Wild

Default Yamaha G1 running rough

Hey all I just acquired a Yamaha G1 buggy, J31-109940. When I bought it I decided to disconnect the oil pump and plugged the oil inlet plug on the carb. I decided not to trust the engine with the 20+ year old pump and run premix instead. So far I've changed the rear diff oil, replaced the spark plug, and thoroughly cleaned the carb. I'm running into a couple of problems with it, first when it sits for awhile (week or more) its very hard to start. When it does start it runs poorly at idle but great at mid/high range. From what I've read here it sounds like I probably need to change the crank seals, is that a good assumption given my compression is good? Also, where do you guys buy your parts such as the crank seals?
motox25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 09-07-2016, 03:05 PM   #2
slonomo
Searching for The Way

Yamaha

Default Re: Yamaha G1 running rough

Crank seals are a common issue and will make it hard to start. Although, so will a carb issue and a fuel issue.

What ratio mix are you running? Too much oil will cause problems too.
slonomo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2016, 12:13 PM   #3
motox25
Not Yet Wild

I'm currently running a 70:1 ratio mix, I've read on here that should be somewhere in the middle between a rich and lean mixture.
motox25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2016, 01:22 PM   #4
Spicyunicorn
Gone Wild
Yamaha

70:1 is a little thick imo iv been running 100:1 last two summers and it seams to work good.... Check out the muffler BBQ in the stickies... Seals are a must do they are notorious for going out on these old carts also check the throttle shaft on the carb the bushing wears out and allows air in making them run crappy
Spicyunicorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha