lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha
Gas Yamaha Gas Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 01-09-2017, 04:51 PM   #1
npwalters
Not Yet Wild

Default Car seats in my cart

Just found this site so if this has been discussed - sorry.

I'm buying a Drive 2 next week and want to improve the seats. I am shocked at how much aftermarket seats are.

Has anyone taken a bucket seat set from a used car and installed them in their cart? Just saw a VW golf set for $150 on Craig's list and it got me to thinking. If so, is it a big deal to make the seat connections? I know I would have to waterproof it with a slip on cover but that is easy enough to do.

Any help for a newby - even a ARE YOU CRAZY -will be appreciated.
npwalters is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 01-09-2017, 06:59 PM   #2
BrewCityMusic
Hammer Down !!!!

E-Z-GO

Default Re: Car seats in my cart

http://www.ebay.com/itm/JDM-Black-PV...1WBu42&vxp=mtr

I've seen seats like this used before, You would have to cut a piece of plywood to the same size as the bottom of your existing seat to mount them to (and it would be best to cover it with something so it didn't get wet and rot quickly) - the drawback is on a cart they are really REALLY tall so they look, well, let's say it's an acquired taste ...
BrewCityMusic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2017, 07:44 AM   #3
meimk
Gone Wild

Club Car

You say you want to "improve the seats", what are you trying to accomplish? YDR's have some of the most comfortable seats you're going to find on a cart, as far as stock type seats go. As BCM already mentioned, to install bucket seats you would need to create a platform to mount them to AND the would sit very high and look pretty awful (to MY eye anyway -some opinions may differ). I've seen the automotive bucket seat thing done, but I've never seen it as an improvement in either looks or comfort.
meimk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2017, 09:12 AM   #4
NCPW
Just Gone

Club Car

I seen members on here use car seats, leather (pleather) office chair seats and anything else you can sit on. It's really up to you, your wallet and fabrication skills.

My favorite out of these is using flip up boat seats with padding. I think they match the size and proportion to a golf cart, but like BrewCity mentioned, you'd need to fab a base to attach them to.
NCPW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2017, 10:59 AM   #5
BrewCityMusic
Hammer Down !!!!

E-Z-GO

OOh - forgot about the boat seat thing, good call NC. I have seen the flip boat seats used many times, they run about $30 each for a basic style (and for not much more You can get some REALLY nice looking seats, check the 'Bay, etc or places like Fleet Farm, etc) ... A piece of 3/4 Marine Plywood is easily cut to the size of your old seat to make a solid mounting base, and for a few bucks at the local fabric store You can get some vinyl to wrap it which will not only make it look a lot better but help protect the wood from water and rot, etc.

Here's a set I just found on the 'Bay for $120 - I guess it all depends on how crazy You want to get or what your budget is:

s-l1600seats.jpg
BrewCityMusic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2017, 02:26 PM   #6
TheNewGuy
Admin/Moderator

Yamaha

Here is a set of boat seats on a cart! same with my avatar, boat seats.

1988 G2-1.jpg

TheNewGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2017, 07:09 PM   #7
npwalters
Not Yet Wild

Thanks for the response. I think I'll check out boat seats.
npwalters is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha