lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha
Gas Yamaha Gas Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 03-16-2017, 04:14 PM   #11
crs4040
Gone Wild

Yamaha

Default Re: Headlight and tail light surging when cart is running

Quote:
Originally Posted by workingstiff View Post
I think the key point here is ,just went out to garage and fired her up for first time in a while . My guess is the battery is down on volts from sitting and is seeing the big fluctuation when the rpm changes from the alt . The battery acts as a buffer when fully charged so it will not be as noticeable . Charge the battery fully and see what happens .
Well the battery is from 08 think I will go have it tested , the lights are pretty dim until you get the RPMs up then the pulsing starts , RPMs comes down the pulsing stops then lights get dimmer.
crs4040 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 03-16-2017, 06:53 PM   #12
crs4040
Gone Wild

Yamaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by crs4040 View Post
I don't have a tester.
And yes lights are run directly to the battery .
Old 03-17-2017, 08:09 AM   #13
olson boy
Not Yet Wild

It's the voltage fluctuating causing the lights to surge. Completely normal. We have tried replacing starer gens, batteries, voltage regulators and rewiring lights. None of that made a difference.
olson boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2017, 08:49 AM   #14
crs4040
Gone Wild

Yamaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by olson boy View Post
It's the voltage fluctuating causing the lights to surge. Completely normal. We have tried replacing starer gens, batteries, voltage regulators and rewiring lights. None of that made a difference.
Ok thanks , gonna get a battery tester today cuz the battery is 8 yrs old , probably just drive it till it dies LOL..
Old 03-18-2017, 09:01 PM   #15
sho305
Vegas modded 420

Yamaha

I have two G9 that did not do this, they would get brighter at high rpm but that is normal because the gen charges more at high rpm and not much at low rpm. Anyway I put clone engines in both and now they both do this when driving at night, the brightness goes up and down like something is switching on and off. This with 50w halogen driving lights and nothing else. Only thing I came up with (all wiring is factory just disconnected the ignition parts) there is a wire from the VR to the ignitor that is of course not hooked up, I need to investigate and see if it has anything to do with it. Some said they do this with the solid state VR these carts have, but they did not with the stock engine so not sure about that.
sho305 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2017, 09:22 PM   #16
SandbaggerYDRA
Gone Wild

Yamaha

My 2007 also pulsates the lights when running. I always assumed it was the regulator switching back and forth. I had an old car years ago that did that too, and it had a mechanical regulator. I assume the regulator on the cart is electronic, so it shouldn't need to "switch" between one resistor and another, to set the proper voltage, and should be infinitely variable. But a test with a multimeter should verify what the cause is.
SandbaggerYDRA is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha