lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha
Gas Yamaha Gas Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 03-26-2017, 10:45 AM   #1
wes34
Not Yet Wild

Default Yamaha G9A Secondary pictures

I have disassembled the secondary on my cart. Attached are the pictures of what I found. The one plate is steel the other is aluminum with a groove towards the center. These parts worth reusing? or replace?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20170326_111822_1490541592062_resized.jpg (148.0 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg 20170326_111740_resized.jpg (145.3 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg 20170326_111734_resized (2).jpg (160.7 KB, 0 views)
wes34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 03-26-2017, 11:03 AM   #2
cgtech
Over This Interview Is...

Yamaha

Default Re: Yamaha G9A Secondary pictures

The aluminum sheave is hosed. The steel one is almost infinitely reusable unless it's bent. Check the black sliders on the spring seat too.
cgtech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2017, 03:08 PM   #3
sho305
Vegas modded 420

Yamaha

Yup. Good news is you have the new style helix, or they call it the spring holder because the helix is actually on the sheave. That sheave looks tough it needs replaced, the rest is fine. I run a cut sheave from CPP its a nice HD unit. Cut sheave gives you a lower gear taking off, though I don't need it as much with my clone engine now it worked really well with stock power. Works nice for towing. You don't need it for stock 18 tires really. Some sheaves are cheap aftermarket and not as heavy, so watch what you get.
sho305 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2017, 04:32 PM   #4
wes34
Not Yet Wild

Thanks for the information!

So if I buy the cut sheave can I run the Umax spring with it?
wes34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2017, 04:41 PM   #5
Dave in VA
maintaining a low profile

Yamaha

You don't need the cut sheave. Stock sheaves will work fine with the umax spring.

Get new ramps, too.
Dave in VA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2017, 09:54 PM   #6
sho305
Vegas modded 420

Yamaha

I ran the cut sheave, umax spring, and the HD kevlar belt that is a little wider. It was an awesome setup. All three help stock power but different ways. The cut sheave only helps under 5mph or so, that is all it does, it works normal above that. It will make your RPM get up faster on take off with a lower gear, it will help you towing and on steep hills. If you don't need that don't bother but I tow trailers all the time, I climb steep hills too. The umax spring will help rpm and response from stop to maybe 2/3 of full speed, at top speed it is nearly same as stock. At lower speeds it will rev more and respond quicker. Its perfect for running big tires and lift on a stock cart. It is a yamaha spring made for utility carts that haul stuff, so bonus it is a quality stock engineered part. The HD belt is a little like running a short belt, it really helps if you have worn sheaves but does the same thing with new sheaves. It helps rpm on take off and low speeds. It can help make your belt drag a little at idle if you idle the cart, especially when it is new and sticky. The cogged belt is really sweet though and supposedly more efficient too, and wears like steel. All this was an awesome setup compared to stock with the stock G9 engine, and worked just as well on the clone with stock G9 clutches on it. Mostly because the clone likes rpm to make power, a twin would not care they don't tend to rev as much.

If you put in a larger engine you don't need this stuff as much, because it has more power to overcome. However my clone ran great it would get max rpm from a dead stop in 2 seconds or something, it was great. Then I put a different clutch on and it did not like that setup, I took out the belt and the umax and changed all kinds of stuff to get it to work better. Its ok now but my motor can't go back anymore so I can't run the cogged belt it messes up engagement due to it being wider. This clutch is tight and does not like it. But this cart is not stock anymore either. And most people don't run 94c clutches like I am.

So yeah I would say the umax would help you the most, the cut sheave is for low speed and holeshot, the belt will help low speeds too. Take your pick but get the umax no matter. You should get new pads for the spring holder if you get a new movable sheave that runs on it, I don't think they are that much, look on tntgolf they are a dealer and list all that stuff on the net. You can find most that stuff on ebay too but watch its not fake aftermarket some is.

I got a cut sheave long ago for another cart because the guy towed and wanted it to work better. It worked better for sure so when I needed a sheave I paid the extra to get a cut one, it was not that much more. All it does is let the sheave go closer to the other one at rest. It pushes the belt up higher at rest, so when you take off it has more power and revs quicker almost instantly instead of waiting to get going over 5mph before it revs up. You can cut any sheave.
sho305 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha