lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha
Gas Yamaha Gas Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 06-04-2017, 06:08 PM   #11
Freckles
Gone Wild

Default Re: Yamaha g9 generator makes noise but hesitates to start

Belts not slipping. This is a limo so i can lift back seat while hitting the pedal and watch everytyhing.
Freckles is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 06-04-2017, 06:26 PM   #12
cgtech
Over This Interview Is...

Yamaha

Just yesterday I fixed the same problem on my G2 (same as G9). Solenoid clicks, but no spin. Checked battery when pedal pressed, minimal drop. Moved on to the "in" terminal on solenoid, power good. Moved to solenoid "out" terminal, power good. Moved on to starter/generator terminal, no power! Bingo! Wiggled the wire & it snapped off in my hand, shooting the rubber boot. Replaced with one "sourced" off one of my other G2s (sorry Smokey, your gonna have to take one for the team). Works perfectly now! It was not really melted, just flexed too many times. Solenoid is mounted on frame, starter/generator on engine, which moves with the rear suspension.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_20170603_184609426.jpg (65.3 KB, 0 views)
cgtech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2017, 08:04 PM   #13
sho305
Vegas modded 420

Yamaha

They are known for wiring issue! I am going to measure mine and get new battery cables. Had lot of problems with them not working on the posts, even had to file them out to new metal a cleaner would not work. Tired of it, when motor goes back in cables will go in first.
sho305 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2017, 12:40 PM   #14
Freckles
Gone Wild

Had new battery cables made and it is definitely an improvement. Still hesitates sometimes but will always eventually roll over.
Old 06-17-2017, 06:41 AM   #15
Freckles
Gone Wild

Kept having problems of not starting so i decided to bit the bullet and get a new starter generator. I was skeptical that this was my problem as the old one seemed fine. Popped the new one in and now it rolls over with no hesitation!!
Thanks for your help everyone.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha