lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha
Gas Yamaha Gas Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 07-06-2017, 11:52 AM   #1
preceptfrog
Not Yet Wild
Yamaha

Default Wiring Disconnected behind Forward/Reverse Switch - G16A

I purchased a used cart and am beginning to do some upgrades. From the serial number I believe it is a '96 16A. In the process of working on it I noticed a couple of wires that are disconnected from a broken harness. From the colors (Black and Blue) and wiring diagrams it may have something to do with the stop switch and/or pickup. The cart seems to be running fine as is but my curiosity is killing me. Does anyone know what these wires do? Should I reconnect them, and if so does blue go to blue and black to black? See picture for more details.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg cart wiringb.jpg (185.2 KB, 0 views)
preceptfrog is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 07-07-2017, 06:18 AM   #2
luvdamud
Getting Wild
Yamaha

Default Re: Wiring Disconnected behind Forward/Reverse Switch - G16A

I had the same style connector on a G16 I had behind the F-N-R switch and it controlled the backup beeper. Not sure where that connector you are showing is located. IIRC, my wires were red and black though...
luvdamud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2017, 10:15 AM   #3
preceptfrog
Not Yet Wild
Yamaha

It is located behind the forward and reverse switch. The cart had headlights that were hardwired into the key switch power. I was thinking this possibly was removed to keep those on when the cart is not running but was hoping for some confirmation. I am installing a new light kit that I will wire directly to the battery therefore I could possibly hook these two back up but I don't want to fry anything or blow anything up.
Old 07-07-2017, 03:50 PM   #4
Dave in VA
maintaining a low profile

Yamaha

Blue goes to the TCI, Black is ground.

https://www.cunninghamgolfcar.com/Im...%20diagram.pdf
Dave in VA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2017, 10:03 PM   #5
preceptfrog
Not Yet Wild
Yamaha

So in trying to understand this. Is there something else that could have been done to make this cart run with the tci wire unplugged? The cart runs fine without it being connected or maybe I just think it's running fine. Should I even bother connecting it back up? If I try connecting it could it cause a problem. I really appreciate your help. I'm just trying to get a better grasp of my cart and how it operates.

Tags
g16 gas, gas yamaha, stop switch, wiring, yamaha 1996 g16
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha