lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha
Gas Yamaha Gas Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 07-20-2017, 05:09 PM   #1
TheIceCable
Not Yet Wild

Yamaha

Default Hole I found

So....as per my other threads I've been messing around with this thing and found some black tape on the pass side of engine. I started to remove tape and found a **** hole. I recovered with silver tape. Can anyone tell me what hole is in and how hard to fix?

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk
TheIceCable is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 07-21-2017, 03:22 PM   #2
mikeasis
Gone Wild
Yamaha

Default Re: Hole I found

that's your fan shroud. behind those 2 covers is a fan mounted on the "flywheel"

it keeps air in and around the head to help cool the engine.

you should go to the garage section of the forum and look for the PDF of the G1 service manual. not real big and easy to download.

I.M.O take that cover off and remove that tape. on the back side of the cover use green painters tape. try to shape it to the original shape as possible. on the side you see here mix up some fiberglass resin jelly and smear over the tap(yes sticky side) and a little over the edges. after it cures the green tape will peel off the back side and youll have a nice smooth finish back there (this was so its not thick on the inside and wont interfere with the fan or anything. then you can smooth up the front side with some sand paper and hit it with black paint both sides. how smooth you want it is up to you. it is in the engine compartment though.
mikeasis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2017, 03:59 PM   #3
TheIceCable
Not Yet Wild

Yamaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeasis View Post
that's your fan shroud. behind those 2 covers is a fan mounted on the "flywheel"

it keeps air in and around the head to help cool the engine.

you should go to the garage section of the forum and look for the PDF of the G1 service manual. not real big and easy to download.

I.M.O take that cover off and remove that tape. on the back side of the cover use green painters tape. try to shape it to the original shape as possible. on the side you see here mix up some fiberglass resin jelly and smear over the tap(yes sticky side) and a little over the edges. after it cures the green tape will peel off the back side and youll have a nice smooth finish back there (this was so its not thick on the inside and wont interfere with the fan or anything. then you can smooth up the front side with some sand paper and hit it with black paint both sides. how smooth you want it is up to you. it is in the engine compartment though.
That's exactly what I'll do...why didn't I think of that? Haha. So that just unbolts and we're off?

Old 07-21-2017, 06:30 PM   #4
mikeasis
Gone Wild
Yamaha

yes comes off in 2 pieces. the lower part comes off first I think then you proably want to remove the coil and then unbolt the second piece. make notes of the bolts some are longer than others.

draw a pic of it and label each bolt corresponding to your drawing. 1 through... I dunno say 10
Old 07-24-2017, 10:37 AM   #5
TheIceCable
Not Yet Wild

Yamaha

So I took both off and it wasn't bad. I fiberglassed hole looks good..however upon removing bottom left bolt it snapped off.....so now ill have to figure out how to fix that without taking engine out.

Old 07-24-2017, 03:37 PM   #6
mikeasis
Gone Wild
Yamaha

is the bolt sticking out enough to get vise grips on it?
Old 07-25-2017, 10:19 AM   #7
Raystar57
Gone Wild

Club Car

If not then try the easy out extractor.
If that doesn't work then you can helicoil it.

Problem is you have to have access for the drill in that area.
You may have to move some stuff for drill clearance.
Raystar57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2017, 08:47 AM   #8
TheIceCable
Not Yet Wild

Yamaha

I am tackling this Sunday. But the cart is almost completely apart. I'm power washing and cleaning frame and going to undercoat and paint it all.....so I have a full couple days

Old 07-27-2017, 01:03 PM   #9
Lochlin
Gone Wild

If that doesn't work then you can helicoil it.

All hail the Helicoil. Those have saved my @$$ so many times now I have lost track.
Lochlin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2017, 10:16 PM   #10
cgtech
Over This Interview Is...

Yamaha

And not much reason to fight it in the cart, that motor comes out really easy.
cgtech is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha