lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car
Gas Club Car Gas DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 12-25-2017, 09:44 PM   #1
JoshR
Not Yet Wild

Default doubletake Spartan

Does anybody have any experience with the Doubletake Spartan bodies for Club car? Wondering if they are good quality? I have seen a couple of reviews about them being flimsy figured I'd ask around before I pulled the trigger and bought one.
JoshR is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 12-26-2017, 08:08 AM   #2
meimk
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default Re: doubletake Spartan

They look good, but are about 1/2 the thickness of the O.E. bodies they replace. Lighter weight, which is good, but yes a little floppy for my tastes. Keep in mind too that no other light kit will fit the factory openings precut into those bodies. Had a bulb go bad in one of the incandescent units & even the manufacturer could not provide a replacement. Finally did find one after lots of hunting, but quite a pain. Damage one and they are only available in sets.
meimk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2017, 09:13 AM   #3
ecaldwell78
Gone Wild
Mixed Breed

I've installed more than a few and I really do like the fit and finish. IMO, the front cowl could use some reinforcement. The front cowling does stick out further than a standard DS, which doesn't bother me or anyone that I've put one on for. Included in the kit is an aluminum bumper extension so it does not make the nose look too pushed out. I will have to disagree a bit with meimk and say that David from Revolution can get individual pieces from the manufacturer. That being said, if you just google search the parts you cannot find them individually. Overall, money well spent and will continue to buy the doubletake kits.
ecaldwell78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2017, 10:59 AM   #4
PingEye3
Gone Wild

Club Car

I concur on the quality of the bodies. I have installed three of them, none on a DS. One was on my cart, see Avatar, and two on Yamaha G29's. They all fit very well. And, like was mentioned, you need to order the light kit with it. Also, I got them thru David at Revolution Golf Cars. As far as thickeness of the body, it was the same as the stock Precedemt body i took off. I actually checked it with a caliper. I did not compare the Yamaha bodies. In all fairness on thickness, the DS is a pretty stout body, so Meimk could be right on thinner than the stock DS body.

As for light bulbs, I replaced every halogen bulb that came installed with the headlights with new LED 886 base bulbs, auto parts store or Amazon. for added brightness. They plug right into the existing harness.
PingEye3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2017, 12:43 PM   #5
meimk
Gone Wild

Club Car

Since the OP question was about "Doubletake Spartan bodies for Club Car" that was what I was addressing. Yes, Doubletake does also make other body kits for other applications, but the question was specific to Spartan body kits. The Spartan Kits are much thinner than the OE Club Car DS bodies, and even with the bumper bracket / brace seem to jiggle a fair bit when driven over rough surfaces. Also, the halogen light kits that came with them took a very different bulb - not compatible with the 886 base. Of course, get the LED kit to begin with and that issue goes away.
Don't get me wrong, I'm not knocking the Doubletake bodies overall. We've sold and installed lots of them, about a dozen of the Spartan in particular. They fit right, with the holes in the right places (except the charge port or choke hole you do need to cut yourself). They have a good look to them, and it's certainly a way to stand out from the common DS body that you see hundreds of everywhere you go.
Old 12-26-2017, 03:38 PM   #6
PingEye3
Gone Wild

Club Car

The light kits that came with the three bodies I installed from DT all had halogen headlight bulbs that could be replaced with 886 base bulbs. Strange
PingEye3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2017, 04:34 PM   #7
meimk
Gone Wild

Club Car

The Phantom body (like the Precedent in your icon pic) is a totally different set up than the Spartan front end.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Spartan nose.JPG (94.3 KB, 0 views)
Old 12-26-2017, 04:38 PM   #8
JoshR
Not Yet Wild

Thank you guys for all the information I really do appreciate it I think I'm just going to go ahead and put the body work into my DS body and paint it
JoshR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2017, 07:34 PM   #9
ProjectClubCar
Gone Broke

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoshR View Post
Thank you guys for all the information I really do appreciate it I think I'm just going to go ahead and put the body work into my DS body and paint it
That's exactly what I did, and my body was probably in rougher shape.. I went from this..

To this....

The rear body looks even worse with a couple of holes the size of softballs, the beauty of doing this yourself, if you don't like it you can sand it down, and start over. I started over 70 times......lol
ProjectClubCar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2017, 07:40 PM   #10
MoparChas
Gone Wild

Club Car

here is one I did
MoparChas is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car